OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

I have been hand feeding her beef liver so that she get enough to eat and her poop looks normal. Any thoughts on the chance it might be a fungal infection?

There is an old time remedy using "sweet bleach". 1tsp - 1Tbl bleach plus a small amount of sugar to make it palatable in a gallon of fresh water for 3 days. This is to help with digestive troubles and fungal infections.

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent measurement for using Oxine in place of the bleach?

I have been hand feeding her beef liver so that she get enough to eat and her poop looks normal. Any thoughts on the chance it might be a fungal infection?

How is your chicken doing? Mine with the diagnosed fungal infection often has runny poop.

Quote:

Thanks; I did read that article before I posted my ten questions. and, by the way, it says that Oxine does indeed kill viruses.

I stand corrected about it killing virii and mites. My face is red as it has been a few months since I read this article closely.

It does have recommendations for fogging and such though, and answers some of your questions. If the label doesn't have the dilutions I need, I've always used what this gentleman suggests.
Does it kill viruses in it's unactivated state or just activated?

I have some ordered. I hope it gets here in time to help my chicken (if it will help her)
I think she has a respiratory fungal infection. She is stretching her neck, gasping, sneezing, listless and not eating
She is my favorite chicken too. I had to separate two cockerels and let her stay with one of them. It has been too hot to build a own for them so everyday I take them to a 6x6 dog kennel outside and every evening I take them to a 4x4 kennel in my kennel building. It rained one day (slow steady) when I fell asleep for a nap. When I woke up, I took them inside the kennel. They were wet
I move the kennel around but haven’t since it rained. There is no standing water and never was. We have been in drought conditions and I live on a hill.
I haven’t been putting shavings down since I was moving it.
Now my Baby Blu is really sick.
I’m crushed!

I have some ordered. I hope it gets here in time to help my chicken (if it will help her)
I think she has a respiratory fungal infection. She is stretching her neck, gasping, sneezing, listless and not eating
She is my favorite chicken too. I had to separate two cockerels and let her stay with one of them. It has been too hot to build a own for them so everyday I take them to a 6x6 dog kennel outside and every evening I take them to a 4x4 kennel in my kennel building. It rained one day (slow steady) when I fell asleep for a nap. When I woke up, I took them inside the kennel. They were wet
I move the kennel around but haven’t since it rained. There is no standing water and never was. We have been in drought conditions and I live on a hill.
I haven’t been putting shavings down since I was moving it.
Now my Baby Blu is really sick.
I’m crushed!
I'm sorry your hen is not well.
Can you take her to a vet?

Pictures of your sick bird may be helpful or a video of her.

You mention stretching the neck, gasping, sneezing and lethargy. This could a number of things from fungal infection to respiratory disease.
Does she have any mucous, watery/bubbly eyes, facial swelling, etc.?

If possible, bring her in to a dry location so she doesn't get wet anymore. Try to get her hydrated, offer poultry vitamins. If you suspect bacterial infection or respiratory disease, you can try Tylan50 to see if that makes a difference. Dosage is .20ml per 1 pound of weight given orally 3 times a day for 5 days.

Thank you for the advice.
I need to look for a vet that treats chickens.
My husband is gone to tsc to get some Tylan 50 now. She has a rattling, wheezing sound when she breathes. When she sneezes, it is wet. I brought her inside yesterday. I got her to eat a few meal worms and then later a bit of boiled egg and cucumber today. No selling in face and eyes are clear so far.

Thank you for the advice.
I need to look for a vet that treats chickens.
My husband is gone to tsc to get some Tylan 50 now. She has a rattling, wheezing sound when she breathes. When she sneezes, it is wet. I brought her inside yesterday. I got her to eat a few meal worms and then later a bit of boiled egg and cucumber today. No selling in face and eyes are clear so far.
She passed this morning. I hope I didn’t make her worse by inserting the medicine wrong.
Thank you for trying to help me and Blu.

Back
Top Bottom