Pallet coop, help!

Tanka

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Massachusetts
Just got six chicks so now im on the clock for building their coop. I've got a lot of pallets laying around so I'm planning on using those. But I have never built anything in my life. Any and all suggestions or pictures will be greatly appreciated!
I did start the coop. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure it out... It's just a pallet with plywood screwed on for the floor.
Thanks! :)

I built a 12x7ft pallet coop, well still in building stage. I've finished the outside and put 12mm hardwood all around and on the roof. Trick is to match the pallet sizes. Hope your construction works out. I would post a pic but can't figure it out.

chickens.com/content/type/61/id/5725523/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

I'm just reusing a 3'x3' pallet as the "floor" of my coop.

It's got chicken wire over it so that predators can't reach up to grab a chicken between the boards.

The wood from the pallet is ok, it seems kinda soft though so normal nails have been really hard to hammer into it - wood screws are fine...and probably better for the overall constructions of the coop since they're easier to remove in case you ever want to modify or disassemble the coop.

Back
Top Bottom