Partially soft egg

wetzelbuilt

Songster
Feb 9, 2017
Northwest Ohio
I have 10 red sexlinks today one of them laid this egg! They have been on winter laying break and we have only gotten one other egg last Sunday.

I'd suggest its nothing to worry about - it can take hens a while to get the egg-laying machinery in perfect working order after a break.

Quote: I don't eat soft shelled eggs....too much chance they are contaminated.
Could cook them up for the chickens, scramble or hard boil it shell and all then chop it up.
Some would just toss it right in the run as is, let them clean it up...no, it won't make them 'egg eaters'.

I'm having the same trouble I have 6 reds two big black( don't remember the name) and one black and white. I'm getting about 6 eggs a day but just within the last three weeks I have been finding one to two partially soft eggs broke in the nest box. What is happening? The chickens are all two years old.

I'm having the same trouble I have 6 reds two big black( don't remember the name) and one black and white.  I'm getting about 6 eggs a day but just within the last three weeks I have been finding one to two partially soft eggs broke in the nest box.  What is happening?  The chickens are all two years old.
do u have oyster shells as a free choice? That helps to give the chickens the calcium they need to produce hard shells. Mine did this when they were starting to lay again after winter break. Sounds like u have 9 chickens total so maybe u have some starting to lay.

Back
Top Bottom