partridge and blue partridge orpingtons

WOW!! I love those beautiful birds!
thumbsup.gif

Your roosters are so sweet... i'm a sucker for blue!

Why are the roosters showing so much color in their breast? it should be black not red

why would it be black if they are blue partridge? asking because I seriously do not know anything about genetics.

Orpingtonman that is what I will try to get out of mine that you saw on the other thread, very nice birds!

your quote is right above, you said "it should be black not red" if its a blue bird would not its chest be blue not black? I

you are right.. you don´t know much about genetics.. Black/Blue is the same thing.. there should not be pheomelanin(red pigmented feathers) in the boys chest... Black and Blue are concidered Eumelanin(black pigment, in the case of blue, the Bl dilutes black to blue)

your quote is right above, you said "it should be black not red" if its a blue bird would not its chest be blue not black? I

you are right.. you don´t know much about genetics.. Black/Blue is the same thing.. there should not be pheomelanin(red pigmented feathers) in the boys chest... Black and Blue are concidered Eumelanin(black pigment, in the case of blue, the Bl dilutes black to blue)

and you dont know very much about etiquette ... regardless of what dilutes what, a blue bird is a blue bird. a blue orp is blue not black when you look at it right? if its a blue partridge it will have a blue chest, not a black chest because then it would no longer be a blue bird. it would be a black bird. throw out the Bl stuff. if its blue partridge it will have a blue chest, yes I am aware your pointing out red leakage, I think I have seen you do that on other pics too. leakage or not, its still a blue bird not a black one. right? thats what I was asking

Back
Top Bottom