Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
What is he then? A few BYCers said it was a PR bantam. That is the only bird I can think of he could be.
barnie.gif
He has had us stumped from day one!

What pattern should a rooster have at this age?

Last edited:
I am just too confused. I emailed McMurray hatchery and will see what they say.

I can't see any red/orange feathering on Chocolate. He has patterns in some of his feathers. Maybe HE is a SHE? Chocolate is so rooster-y though.
barnie.gif

What are the possibilities of a mutt bantam from McMurray? lol

CHOCOLATEID1.jpg

CHOCOLATEID.jpg

CHOCOLATEID2.jpg

CHOCOLATEID3.jpg

Thank you very much for the comparison pictures!

When we first got Chocolate, that is what I though he was. I posted on the forums and people said it wasn't. Then I was told he looked a lot like a PR bantam, lol.

I hope he is a RIR, that's what I wanted to begin with, LOL. But now I want PR bantams too, LOL.

I agree with Cybercat,...I believe it is a RIR too. Looking at the info MM hatchery has on their website, they say their coloring in their RIR (bantam) line is deep mahogany...it would have to be one of the two,..and it isn't a PR because it lacks pattern and I believe it's legs are too yellow also. Also I believe your "Chocolate" is a girl. At 4 months of age it should be showing some saddle feathering and the comb should be much bigger. I have OEGB's roo's with combs bigger than that and they are only 4 weeks old,...plus he should be crowing by now too at that age. I think you have a very nice RIR bantam hen,...I might be wrong though,..JMO.
big_smile.png

Well, short update here. Beta is to go in the pot this weekend. I have had enough of him. He has attacked me from behind one too many times. He is also attacking the new chicks and the mom when they are out. I guess Alpha dominating him so much put him way too defenceive in protecting the flock. Talkedto hubby about it this morning he agreed it was time for chicken dinner.
tongue.png

On a good note the two oldest are doing real good. One of each sex as far as I can tell. They are 8 weeks old and on their own now. They stay close too coops which have enough around them too eat. They kind of hang out with younger chicks when I have them out. Male does pick a tiny bit on the other but nothing I am worried about yet. It looks more like a movement thing than aggression for that is only when he does it. When a chick runs by him he might peck at it, when they walk by he ignore it.

Mom and chicks are going good. I have let them out of coop and pen. They were out all day yesterday. Unfortunatly Beta was not so nice with them. When they mom and chicks came up to house I fed them. All was good till Beta showed up with flock. He then went after them picking on chicks as well as mom to chase them off. When I was down there he even went after me from behind. This morning he got me from behind after I just opened the coop. That was last straw. He is done. I can not take a chance he will kill a chick. I hope he tastes good.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom