Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Thanks for the response. I got 8 eggs today. 2 leghorn eggs, 5 dominque eggs, and another brown the same shade of the others, but more oval. I have one PR who didn't lay today, she gives me darker eggs. She started laying just after I posted this of course. As long as I'm getting 9 eggs a day from 15 hens who aren't all laying yet, I'm happy with the mystery.
smile.png

You know one of these days I hope to get to that swap in VA. I was just looking over my cockerals and have one I really like. All of mine right now are 5months or younger by a month. Non ready to lay. I have updated my my blog with some pictures. Will take better ones tonight I hope.

I can not remember who but someone had PRs from Sandhill. Would love to see pictures of them now.

Is anyone getting eggs yet from their new chickens?

I have two pairs of Partridge Rocks that are about 5 months old...they are huge. I am a Wyandotte guy and I am not going to keep them, I am going to Crossroads and may bring them to put in the sale area. These are from Dick H.

4554_013.jpg

4554_043.jpg

Would anyone be interested in these guys, I can take pictures of the pullets. They are bigger than my adult LF Wyandottes already..and they are still just babies.

Those are beautiful PR's, Turbo!
love.gif
I have a PR rooster already (too sentimentally attached to get rid of him) and am looking to buy a pair of PR pullets or hens to give him some lady friends. The poor thing is at the very bottom of the pecking order and has no success trying to mount my Dominique girls. Does anyone close to central NC have a pair of PR hens they'd be willing to part with? Thanks....

Quote:
Turbo I will be glad to take them off your hands. I can drive up and pick them up at your place. I can not get to Crossroads.

I am sorry but I have to take them to Crossroads..I already promised I would..You should go to Crossroads..it will be a Rock wonderland I am sure..

Quote:
Turbo I will be glad to take them off your hands. I can drive up and pick them up at your place. I can not get to Crossroads.

I am sorry but I have to take them to Crossroads..I already promised I would..You should go to Crossroads..it will be a Rock wonderland I am sure..

Wish I could go. But since I am here and hubby on road I have to stay and take care of everything. No other family and I do not leave my animals to neibors for that long since it would be a week trip.

Is anyone familiar with Ware Hatchery PRs? I have the opportunity to pick up a couple from Wisner Farms just east of Knoxville. I'll be mostly looking for temperament, earlier eggs for me and role models for the kids (
bow.gif
) but I love this color variation, so any pointers on what to keep an eye out for?

This year's girls are a bit young yet for an older man (girls are 3mos, the newbies would be 6mos) but if anyone in the W NC/SC/N GA/E TN area has a 3-4mo cockerel they're looking to "lose", let me know...

Quote:
What state is this hatchery in? Ner heard of it before.

I just lost 3 5 month old cockerals to a coon that were in my small coop. I am now securing big coop since it was broken into this morning. No losses this time. Small coop will have to be repaired before next year. I moved all the youngings out of it and into big coop.

Back
Top Bottom