Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Whoops. That would be Welp hatchery. Engineering does silly things to my brain.

Welp hatchery in Iowa.

Edited to add: sorry to hear about your loss
hit.gif

Last edited:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! My partiridge rock hens have began to lay, time to get the bator fixed, *evil laugh while stroking hands together in a greedy, chick hungry manner*. If I can get some birds on the ground this month I can have then large enough to see what I might want to keep, as far as leg color, comb shape.

We are getting hit by a black bear. So far we have lost have the flock and one coop need to be rebilt. It has not hit for the past two days since we got the motion camera. It is bear season here so I am hoping someone got it. We have 14 total with 4 roos. This is so fustrating for he is hitting at night.

HIP HIP HOORAY
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
. The bator is fixed, and eggs are being collected!!!! I am so ready to get more of my line on the ground, they shoul be ready for preliminary culling by spring!!!!!!! SO EXITED
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
lol.png

in all of my excitement i spelled excited wrong....
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
............I think i still spelled it wrong
hmm.png

Last edited:
lol.png
lol.png
but of course, I think I might pick up some pr banty eggs from a friend of mine to put with them also. I am going to be setting some eggs next friday.
big_smile.png
. If you havn't guessed I am excited!!!! I have been looking forward to this since I hatched these chickens.

fl.gif
Hoping you have a great hatch.

I will be putting alot in to hatch as soon as I get more than one laying. We have as of now 13 total and that is with 4 roo's. everyone doing good and no more sign of the bear.

Just to keep posted, I have a half dozen ready for the bator.
hmm.png
but the girls layed two eggs today so thats good news
big_smile.png
. I think I might wait till Sunday to put eggs in the bator just to make sure that I have atlest a dozen. In other news................my partridge cochin hens started laying
wee.gif
ya.gif
. So I will see about collecting eggs from them soon.
smile.png

Anyway, here's a pick of Bob, my pr breeder, he got in a fight with another roo so his feathers are a bit messed up, some are even missing.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
. stupid bird. -_- .
83676_048.jpg

Here is my hatchery PR cockerel. He's a hatchery bird so I don't expect his quality is anything to write home about, but he was an accident and I never expected to have him! He's a friendly fellow with people but is already protecting the hens from any threats.

Gullincambe, just a little over 5 months old.
6333072313_f0ee88a3bd_b.jpg

This one is a little washed out..
6333072993_de5870416d_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom