Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
We've got eggs finally, and only very sure about the blue one, Guess I'll spend a day with the girls soon and see what's shaking.
that or I'll have to resort to the food coloring booty method

(we've 2 Plymouth partridge rocks, 1 Heritage RIR, and 1 SLWyandotte, haven't caught anyone in the boxes yet
263a.png
but someone's laying)

Oh I think we've lucked up on one more Partridge babe, she came with a batch of sex link babies, looked like a mink fur toy. I'll have to get a newer photo, sooo cute she look lots like our other two of course except a little different. Her name is Jewel, here are some older pics

about 1 week old

about 2 weeks old

About 5 weeks old
She is very difficult to take a photo of, since her head is always down eating,

Very sweet when handled, after eating of course

I have one little Partridge Rock named Cecily. She is a bit shy and skittish but better than a month ago when I got her. I don't know her exact age but I am guessing 3-4 months. Can someone tell me when they generally begin laying and are they winter layers? I love her color!
thanks

I have one little Partridge Rock named Cecily. She is a bit shy and skittish but better than a month ago when I got her. I don't know her exact age but I am guessing 3-4 months. Can someone tell me when they generally begin laying and are they winter layers? I love her color!
thanks
This is from Hendersons chicken chart: http://www.sagehenfarmlodi.com/chooks/hendersonschickenchart.pdf

The Blue snow flake indicates that they are winter layers. They will lay with low light but not as much as they will in the spring. They will also molt and not lay their first fall. Yours will molt next fall.

Hello Partridge Rock peeps! I'm going to cheat here a little as I am searching for an answer regarding the partridge coloring. I don't keep rocks, I have partridge Orpingtons - hope you can still help me. Some of my girls have distinct patterning and some are darker and tail feathers look kind of smutty to me. Any experience with this? Will my smutty girls molt this out? Or do I need to remove them from my breeding pen?

Distinct pattern:

Smutty:

Back
Top Bottom