Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

http://www.reocities.com/petsburgh/6624/ also discusses silkies and rose versus walnut combs. Excellent photos to distinguish by comb shape.

I found this excellent article on combs and wattles. Although it focuses on the non-bearded European standard, the bearded and the US standard is mentioned as well. I think it is a great article on the different combs, with lots of pictures, genetic reasons and is a great help in identification of the different combs for people starting out.

http://chickencolours.com/What Wattles-lowres.pdf

200x200px-ZC-1d1fddea_bpgilr.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-c1e14b6d_bpgirl.jpeg

My first blue partri!! Loving her :)

I'm so grateful for this thread. I've been soaking up so much wonderful knowledge from you all about partridge silkies! But I have a question. We have two young pullets that we purchased as partridges. They are about 6 months old in the photos below. But they look very different from the dark brown, black, chestnut colored partridges that I've seen in this thread. They don't have any black. Instead, they are a caramel/buff color with bluish-gray undertones throughout. Are they still partridges? Help! :)

You can see the two pullets here when they were approx 5 - 6 months:

LL

And here's a head shot of one of them:

900x600px-LL-85dd5b3d_Chickens334.jpeg

She's backlit in this shot, which makes her look a little lighter than she is:

900x600px-LL-0265d31e_Chickens345.jpeg

What do you think?

I'm so grateful for this thread. I've been soaking up so much wonderful knowledge from you all about partridge silkies! But I have a question. We have two young pullets that we purchased as partridges. They are about 6 months old in the photos below. But they look very different from the dark brown, black, chestnut colored partridges that I've seen in this thread. They don't have any black. Instead, they are a caramel/buff color with bluish-gray undertones throughout. Are they still partridges? Help! :)

LL

What do you think?

They look like beautiful blue partridge to me. I'll be interested to see what the experts think!
big_smile.png

they look more like smutt buff

LL

What do you think?

They look like beautiful blue partridge to me. I'll be interested to see what the experts think!
big_smile.png
I'm certainly no expert, but I think you are right. They look like a light blue partridge to me. The only thing is maybe a tat too light. But I love them.

Back
Top Bottom