Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Hey all!

Loving all the pictures! Wish I had one handy to share.

I am the proud owner of I partridge silkie rooster. He is in with white, blue and black hens. Anyone know what colors I can expect for chicks? I just hatched out a couple eggs (who knows which hens laid them) and I got a blue and a black. Silkie color genetics are so confusing....I'd love to see another partridge hatch :)

Yes, they are! I have a black silkie rooster over white hens and I keep hatching partridge chicks!!! Lol. Don't know how or why but I'm getting half black and half partridge.

Hey all!

Loving all the pictures! Wish I had one handy to share.

I am the proud owner of I partridge silkie rooster. He is in with white, blue and black hens. Anyone know what colors I can expect for chicks? I just hatched out a couple eggs (who knows which hens laid them) and I got a blue and a black. Silkie color genetics are so confusing....I'd love to see another partridge hatch :)

My Blue rooster had a partridge chick and a black chick with my Partridge hen.

Partridge silkie rooster named swiffer

Partridge silkie rooster named swiffer

Awesome.
thumbsup.gif

By the way, does anyone know if its true that partridge silkies with more gold on their neck are more likely to be roosters? It wasn't true with our Princess, but Toto (our other pullet) had a black head and neck.

This is so interesting! I continue to get grey (although some of the grey have been pretty light) and blacks. I would love to be surprised by a different color this week LOL!

Hi everyone! He are my babies they are 8 weeks I was just wondering about the color on my partridge any ideas what they may fill out to look like? I'm a little confused about the 2 cockerels one has a black head one has a red or buff head?? Any ideas? :)

Here are all of the babies
[/URL]

They are so cute!
Hi everyone! He are my babies they are 8 weeks I was just wondering about the color on my partridge any ideas what they may fill out to look like? I'm a little confused about the 2 cockerels one has a black head one has a red or buff head?? Any ideas?
smile.png

Head color doesn't seem linked with gender in partridge silkies, at least, not consistently (my golden-headed Prince turned into a Princess). Anyways, the second two appear to be males, I'm not sure about the first one, it doesn't have streamers on its head. However, it does have a pretty wide comb (depending on strain this may or may not signify a male).

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
smile.png

They are so cute!

Head color doesn't seem linked with gender in partridge silkies, at least, not consistently (my golden-headed Prince turned into a Princess). Anyways, the second two appear to be males, I'm not sure about the first one, it doesn't have streamers on its head. However, it does have a pretty wide comb (depending on strain this may or may not signify a male).

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :)
[/quote. Thanks! Ah silkies are so hard guess I will have to wait for a crow or egg ;)

Back
Top Bottom