Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Here are some pictures I took today of my two 11 week old chicks. They are much darker than they appear in the photos. I am really loving how they look and all the other partridge varieties that everyone has been posting pictures of. They are all SO adorable!
love.gif

Such a pretty color :) Would these be blue partridge? I just got one yesterday that im thinking is a blue partridge and im hoping girl. I'll post pics soon.

Hey everyone, can I get you guy's opinion on this lil one? I just got her yesterday and she's suppose to be a girl. The comb looks a lil wide, so I want to be sure I didnt end up with a roo. She should be right around 8 weeks old. She's suppose to be a partridge and had the stripes and everything as a chick but turned out super dark. Would she be considered a blue partridge? Will she get more gold on her with age? Is she going to look nice? Any advice, and opinions on this lil one appreciated :)

My Silkies are now almost 7 weeks old (will be on 7 weeks this coming Monday). Would this one be considered a blue partridge? It's overcast today, so it's hard to see the red among the fluff, but it's there.
On my monitor, this looks like a silver partridge, but this could be the lighting! :) If it has a lot of of red that doesn't show in the picture it is most likely a blue partridge. Hope this helps!

Hey everyone, can I get you guy's opinion on this lil one? I just got her yesterday and she's suppose to be a girl. The comb looks a lil wide, so I want to be sure I didnt end up with a roo. She should be right around 8 weeks old. She's suppose to be a partridge and had the stripes and everything as a chick but turned out super dark. Would she be considered a blue partridge? Will she get more gold on her with age? Is she going to look nice? Any advice, and opinions on this lil one appreciated :)

Pretty sure mine are "blue" partridge.

Your right about the comb. It does look wide like a roosters, but its sweet expression looks like a pullet
idunno.gif

I don't like sexing other peoples silkies. I study my own and have a good percentage with them. Two months old is too early to tell for sure, but I will say this looks like a little girl to me. You can sex the partridges earlier than the other colors because of the color patterns of the feathers. I have a fifty fifty chance right? Good job with the pictures for opinions also! I would ask you is the under fluff blue? If so, she would be a blue partridge. She seems to have a lot more browns and golds in her feathering than say this I chick quoted right after your post.

This is a little four month old silver that I will be taking to a show the end of August. Check out her feet, they are amazing! Her crest is full of pin feathers too.

Another little blue partridge girl coming along that I am liking a lot too.

This little pullet is almost to the point of lay. It is really windy on this day so they are having bad hair days. As you can tell I have them in all colors! :D

Looks like a female to me. Pretty girl. Fur N Feathers is right. I think Partridge boys show more color in the crest, breast, and wing at a young age.
I don't know much about Partridge coloring other than there are sure a lot of variety! I used to have a Partridge bantam cochin many years ago and he had a black breast and a lot of shiny red hackle and saddle feathers. I haven't seen a silkie like him in that pattern in many many years. I love the soft colors. Your chick is beautiful.

I have this girl, I think she is very pretty but prefer the normal partridge color. She is going to stay in my flock as a pet since I dont want to do another project. She came from a black Rooster with a silver gene and a blue Hen. This pair produces this color fairly regularly.

I love her FeatherSprings! For some reason I love a gray colored animal - all shades (maybe because I have so much gray myself these days :p). So, this is one of my favorite colors in my silkies. I get a lot of requests for silver partridge eggs and silver chicks.

Back
Top Bottom