Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

I had a beautiful young pair of Greys that died within a month of each other before they could reproduce. I know Silver Partridge is the gene responsible for Grey in silkies. It confused me for a long time. But wow! The colors of both Grey Partridge and Grey the variety knock me out. I hope I get this coloring back someday, somehow.

This was the male at six months old with a trimmed crest. Stinkus. He was a little stinker but I miss him. He had no leakage any where. I really love the silvers.

All the partridge colorings fascinate me. The color is so difficult to pin down in the Standard variety. I can't remember the last time I saw a male with a black breast. I go as a spectator to a couple shows a year. So I haven't exactly seen a lot. This thread is one of my favorites. So many wonderful images.

Oh Mumsy I LOVE him!!! :drool

I used to have a really nice male with a black breast:

That second picture makes him look blue because of the bright sunlight. He wasn't blue at all.

Oh Mumsy I LOVE him!!!
droolin.gif

I used to have a really nice male with a black breast:

That second picture makes him look blue because of the bright sunlight. He wasn't blue at all.
Thank you..And double WOW! What a gorgeous male! I am so going to put together a partridge pen this year. I have so many chicks to choose from. Maybe by December I will have some good pairings. This thread and you are an inspiration.
celebrate.gif

Thank you..And double WOW! What a gorgeous male! I am so going to put together a partridge pen this year. I have so many chicks to choose from. Maybe by December I will have some good pairings. This thread and you are an inspiration. :celebrate  

Thanks Mumsy! I love all my silkies and have or have had most of the colors if I have been able to breed or get my hands on them! :p

I love her FeatherSprings! For some reason I love a gray colored animal - all shades (maybe because I have so much gray myself these days
tongue.png
). So, this is one of my favorite colors in my silkies. I get a lot of requests for silver partridge eggs and silver chicks.
I always like black and tan coloring.. LOL! I actually think the grey/silver colorings are beautiful, Im just not into projects right not so tend to stick to the standard colors. My favorites are partridge and black. Im just not as fond of the diluted colors even though my two favorite hens are blues :) . I also get requests for the silver colors but mine are pretty unpredictable.

I just love this sweet lil girl. She has such a sweet expression, and I love her tall top knot haha. She has a big vault under there. I cant wait to see how much she changes as she grows. She's about 7 weeks old now. :)

I always like black and tan coloring.. LOL! I actually think the grey/silver colorings are beautiful, Im just not into projects right not so tend to stick to the  standard colors. My favorites are partridge and black. Im  just not as fond of the diluted colors even though my two favorite hens are blues :) . I also get requests for the silver colors but mine are pretty unpredictable. 

Sherry, I had a long discussion with the silkie judge at my last show about the gray/silver partridge. He told me silver partridge was gray and need to be entered that way. I talked about this on the silkie website because I thought they we distinctly different colors (and I still do). But, since he is "THE" judge for Texas (and some surrounding states) and judging my birds I will do as he says. Like they say, in the eyes of the beholder. and since he is the beholder in my case.... I'm bringing this up because gray is a standard accepted color while if entering them as silver partridge it is AOV. I get more points that way, so that is what I'll be doing from now on until told otherwise.

Very cute little baby, Iluvmysilkies! I love those vaulted babies!!

Back
Top Bottom