Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Miss Seven is almost 3months old. I'm attached to this little one. <3

Hi I am wondering what color this chick would be considered. I was told the penciling means he/she is not a porcelain but a partridge. :) all good by me

The crest is really starting to come in dark like his underside. Lots of cuteness!
Edited because these pictures don't show the colors as well as I thought. I'm thinking the underside is blue. Mom was a pure porcelain dad was a blue. So blue partridge?
Here is a better pic showing the penciling:

And maybe a better all over pic:

Thanks!

Last edited:
I love watching partridge babies growing up ;) These guys are 8 weeks old now and the last one is about a week younger.

Cute babies! I have this lil one with similar coloring, and was wondering if you think her color might intensify more like yours does? She's about 8-9wks old now, and still has very little gold (She almost looks all black). She was a typical brown striped partridge when she was a chick. I am hoping her color deepens, and gets prettier with age. I havent had this color before so I dont know what to expect.

I have had some like this as well and mine seem to either turn bluish with leakage. I have one
that had partridge markings but had no gold/brown in its plumage as it feathered out and it has turned out to be a silver partridge color

I have had some like this as well and mine seem to either turn bluish with leakage. I have one
that had partridge markings but had no gold/brown in its plumage as it feathered out and it has turned out to be a silver partridge color

This one reminds me alot of one I have. It was really light as a chick with thin stripes, as now its a silver/wheaten colored partridge. Im really curious about both of mine. But this darker one, i really hope will get more coloring.

Hi I am wondering what color this chick would be considered. I was told the penciling means he/she is not a porcelain but a partridge.
smile.png
all good by me

The crest is really starting to come in dark like his underside. Lots of cuteness!
Edited because these pictures don't show the colors as well as I thought. I'm thinking the underside is blue. Mom was a pure porcelain dad was a blue. So blue partridge?
Here is a better pic showing the penciling:

And maybe a better all over pic:

Thanks!
The more I look at your chick, the more porcelain it appears. You could use it in a lavender partridge or porcelain project pen. It's really a pretty color and I think very useful for playing with. Show me what it looks like each stage to maturity. I am so curious to see how it develops.

The more I look at your chick, the more porcelain it appears. You could use it in a  lavender partridge or porcelain  project pen. It's really a pretty color  and  I think very  useful for playing with. Show me what it looks like each stage to maturity. I am so curious to see how it develops. 

Ok. That was my plan anyway just to test the color. The crest is coming in nice and dark which is exactly what I was hoping for in a chick. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom