Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

I just love this lil girl. She isent as fluffy as my other silkies but she has the sweetest face & personality ever! I am pretty sure she's probably a mini, which I didnt know where was such thing, but she's very small compared to my others. Just look at that cute face :) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
She is so beautiful and she does indeed look sweet! :) What color partridge is she considered? I see do many different partridge colors that I'm sure there must be different names for them!

She is so beautiful and she does indeed look sweet!
smile.png
What color partridge is she considered? I see do many different partridge colors that I'm sure there must be different names for them!
Thanks :) I think we determined she's a wheaten colored partridge. At first I thought silver, but she's always had brown in her to. I got some opinions and tried to find pics online to match her and couldnt find many but the best description seemed to be a wheaten colored.

I've heard that from others who said they had tiny silkies. How long did yours live? They also told me they didnt live as long, which made me sad. I hope I dont loose her only after a few short yrs. I dont care if I dont get any eggs from her. I just really like her and hope she'll stick around for a while, she's such a sweetie :)
Im not sure.. I dont think it was really short.. I had her for a few years an when i moved I sold her to some one I kept some contact whith and dont remember them losing her early on.

Last edited:
I've heard that from others who said they had tiny silkies. How long did yours live? They also told me they didnt live as long, which made me sad. I hope I dont loose her only after a few short yrs. I dont care if I dont get any eggs from her. I just really like her and hope she'll stick around for a while, she's such a sweetie :)
If I had a Silkie that incredibly precious (and I do) I would schedule a well visit with a vet (one that likes chickens like my vet) and get input on her overall health and raise concerns about lifespan and whether there's any detriment to not ever laying eggs, etc. My vet charges $40 for well visits and occasionally we get local coupons for discounts for him. We've been lucky to have him - he's pulled my Silkie through a couple times already this past year.

Thanks :) I think we determined she's a wheaten colored partridge. At first I thought silver, but she's always had brown in her to. I got some opinions and tried to find pics online to match her and couldnt find many but the best description seemed to be a wheaten colored. 

That's exactly what I was going to guess, but I wasn't sure it was a correct classification. She's beautiful! Did you hatch her from your own silkies? I'd love to know the parent colors :)

That's exactly what I was going to guess, but I wasn't sure it was a correct classification. She's beautiful! Did you hatch her from your own silkies? I'd love to know the parent colors
smile.png
Im actually not sure if its a correct classification either lol I wish I knew what her parents looked like to! I got her locally with a bunch of other chicks/colors. But no parents on sight. You get alot of people who order in chicks or incubate their own to sell, so you dont always get to see parents. She was so tiny, and so cute as a chick. She was a light cream colored partridge with thin chipmunk stripes, and a cute tall vault. I fell in love with her. I didnt expect to get this color from her. She's been a joy to watch. She's different from all my others. This was her as a chick :)

Last edited:
Im actually not sure if its a correct classification either lol I wish I knew what her parents looked like to! I got her locally with a bunch of other chicks/colors. But no parents on sight. You get alot of people who order in chicks or incubate their own to sell, so you dont always get to see parents. She was so tiny, and so cute as a chick. She was a light cream colored partridge with thin chipmunk stripes, and a cute tall vault. I fell in love with her. I didnt expect to get this color from her. She's been a joy to watch. She's different from all my others. This was her as a chick :)
Well she's adorable! I'm going to order show quality partridge silkie eggs this fall if I can find a good breeder selling. I'm hoping for silver and I love this Wheaton color too. I love all the partridges tho! :)

I had one hatch that was a similar color and was also told it was most likely Wheaten based.

This is her now at 12 weeks old . I think she is cute though not exactly correctly colored. Interesting how different they can turn out!

I had one hatch that was a similar color and was also told it was most likely Wheaten based.

This is her now at 12 weeks old . I think she is cute though not exactly correctly colored. Interesting how different they can turn out!

So cute. It's crazy how much the partridge color can change. They can look the same as a chick and still change into something completely different.

@Feathersprings that's a beautiful partridge!

Who do people recommend for partridge eggs? I'm looking to buy some next month when it's not so hot here in Oklahoma :) I do plan to buy catdance eggs in the near future. Just wondering if there are any other breeders that have excellent partridge silkies ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom