Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

my new partrigde roo, Odin.

my new girl with him, she doesn't have a name yet.

I can't wait to start hatching from this group.

Love all the colours folks but my preference is still tending towards Red it is just so jolly pretty  :eek:)

We all have our preferences. So we just work towards what we like.

I think that red orange is very stunning and like the little boy enough that I'll find him a home instead of eating him.

This one is my rooster, Pumpkin. He's an awesome protector of his flock and will even go out of his way to help the LF girls when one of the teenage LF boys go after them. He's just so orange!

His son, who is looking a bit more red than his father, but still bright.

These are his other two sons that I like the color on a bit better.

I can't wait to see how they look after they have their adult feathers in.
I like these two boys!

Well bummer....I only had two partridge Silkies hatch out earlier this year, and yesterday we lost one to a hawk. Despite having several in the area (it's like a hawk sanctuary around here), it's been a long time since we've lost a domestic to one. If it had to get something, why couldn't it have been one of the four Milli Fleur roosters (the noisy little beggers), but no...it had to nab a Partridge Silkie.
sad.png

Well bummer....I only had two partridge Silkies hatch out earlier this year, and yesterday we lost one to a hawk.  Despite having several in the area (it's like a hawk sanctuary around here), it's been a long time since we've lost a domestic to one.  If it had to get something, why couldn't it have been one of the four Milli Fleur roosters (the noisy little beggers), but no...it had to nab a Partridge Silkie.  :(  

Wow sorry to hear you lost one to a predator.

Well bummer....I only had two partridge Silkies hatch out earlier this year, and yesterday we lost one to a hawk. Despite having several in the area (it's like a hawk sanctuary around here), it's been a long time since we've lost a domestic to one. If it had to get something, why couldn't it have been one of the four Milli Fleur roosters (the noisy little beggers), but no...it had to nab a Partridge Silkie.
sad.png

I have lost chicks to hawks before. The brooder chicks were in a small temporary pen right next to where my DH was working and a hawk came down and plucked one of the chicks out of the pen. Hubby said it happened so fast that he didn't have time to react. Now when I put the young chicks out into the temporary pen I cover it. I have a chick coop and covered pen for the chicks when they leave the brooders. I had hawks in the past get chicks out of the pen with the coop so I put netting over their pen. I had seen the crows chase hawks before. Now I put my cracked and unsellable eggs out in our pasture for the crows. The crows hang around for the eggs and if a hawk comes around they will chase the hawk off.

Back
Top Bottom