PayPal/Hatching Eggs/Chicks Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i know if i'm cleared to swap on this thread? i swap on the waterfowl one but not this one yet, i filled out the questions but is that all?
Welcome!
frow.gif
You are good to start swapping. If you haven't already, make sure you read the rules in post #1 and remember each of your first 7 swaps must be confirmed before you can claim another one. If you have any questions, visit the chat thread, here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/703394/hatching-eggs-paypal-chat-thread/28780#post_11002269 There are lots of nice people who will be happy to enable your swapping addiction help you with any questions. Happy swapping!

FYI new and old swappers alike.

since we have so many new faces, I thought it would be to clarify a few things.
  1. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: the ENTIRE flock is pure bred of the SAME breed/color and not mixed with ANY other flock or breed
  2. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: is one set color (exceptions BBS and Chocolate) (wheaten, blue, lavender AM in one flock are NOT pure/sq)
  3. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: meets and follows the writen standard for the breed. Not part of the standard, not "your" standards

New colors of a breed should STILL meet the basic written standard for the breed. PLEASE buy a copy of the SOP and read it concerning the breeds you wish to offer as SQ and pure bred. The SOP is protected by copy write laws so you can not find the entire thing online anywhere. if you only go by the small snip it available online for some breeds you are missing out on a ton of information.

Breeds which are new to America, and who are excepted into the SOP currently should NOT be listed as SHOW QUALITY. They can be listed as pure bred if they are maintaned as an independent flock with no other breeds mixed in.

ie............Ancona ducks can not be listed as SQ, they are not in the APA SOP. CCL also can not be listed as SQ for the same reason.

Mixed flocks are great, Easter Eggers are very popular as aremany other mixes. This is just to clarify what should and should not be listed as SQ and as pure bred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom