PayPal/Hatching Eggs/Chicks Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI new and old swappers alike.

since we have so many new faces, I thought it would be to clarify a few things.
  1. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: the ENTIRE flock is pure bred of the SAME breed/color and not mixed with ANY other flock or breed
  2. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: is one set color (exceptions BBS and Chocolate) (wheaten, blue, lavender AM in one flock are NOT pure/sq)
  3. SHOW QUALITY PURE BRED: meets and follows the writen standard for the breed. Not part of the standard, not "your" standards

New colors of a breed should STILL meet the basic written standard for the breed. PLEASE buy a copy of the SOP and read it concerning the breeds you wish to offer as SQ and pure bred. The SOP is protected by copy write laws so you can not find the entire thing online anywhere. if you only go by the small snip it available online for some breeds you are missing out on a ton of information.

Breeds which are new to America, and who are excepted into the SOP currently should NOT be listed as SHOW QUALITY. They can be listed as pure bred if they are maintaned as an independent flock with no other breeds mixed in.

ie............Ancona ducks can not be listed as SQ, they are not in the APA SOP. CCL also can not be listed as SQ for the same reason.

Mixed flocks are great, Easter Eggers are very popular as aremany other mixes. This is just to clarify what should and should not be listed as SQ and as pure bred.

I agree with the statement above. My 2 cents on SQ is You have shown them several times and placed BB or better at least 2 times. Just having someones SQ line, does not mean they have or are breeding to the standard. I offer SQ eggs on this swap and can prove my claim by pictures on my website. It would be nice to actually see pictures of the winnings, when someone claims SQ.

I agree with the statement above. My 2 cents on SQ is You have shown them several times and placed BB or better at least 2 times. Just having someones SQ line, does not mean they have or are breeding to the standard. I offer SQ eggs on this swap and can prove my claim by pictures on my website. It would be nice to actually see pictures of the winnings, when someone claims SQ.
I have a question. I offer the birds that I get from the University of Arkansas as U of A exhibition lines because Dr. Bramwell is breeding to SOP. I have not shown my birds yet. Does anyone object to this wording?

Just because the hen and roo are show quality doesn't mean the chicks will be. i have chicks from disk horstman and he is a poultry judge and breeds all his birds that way. this doesn't mean my birds are show quality but it does mean they come from show lines. did i make any sense? the way i see it no one can really advertise sq eggs because they don't know if they are going to hatch as show quality

Last edited:
BLRW eggs sent to smfildes 9405 5036 9930 0401 0843 32. Can I please be cleared?
Cleared. Swap on!
thumbsup.gif

Just because the hen and roo are show quality doesn't mean the chicks will be. i have chicks from disk horstman and he is a poultry judge and breeds all his birds that way. this doesn't mean my birds are show quality but it does mean they come from show lines. did i make any sense? the way i see it no one can really advertise sq eggs because they don't know if they are going to hatch as show quality

thumbsup.gif

Taking care of everything outside that needs to be taken care of. It will probably be another week or 2 before I'm finally caught up.
I wish I could go outside......
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

7-10 inches of snow coming my way.......again...................

I am slowly looooooooossssing my mind, or what little I had of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom