Not open for further replies.
OOOOO mine!!! wheaten marans......
wee.gif

Offer one of the following:
6 Coronation sussex- in a week
8 silver sussex
6 black copper marans
6 CCL
8 birchen marans- hackle saddle color still work in progress. Also had hatched a few black coppers in the beginning. I have not in a long time.
6 rhodebar

both the silver sussex and now the coronation are being bought by Greenfire.
MIne Rhodebars

offer
6 australorps (last time till fall they are going back into general pop)
6 Swedish FLowers\
6 Hens CHoice
Summer
6 Buff Brahma Bantams
6 Dark Brahma Bantams
3 Coronation Sussex and 3 Swedish FLowers
6 CHocolate Orp Bantams
fall
6 Orp assortment

Last edited:
Chiquita- I asked Alexandra Douglas about this, but just to be sure before replying... The manchurian is more fatal than Italian, 25% but breed to wild type it reduces fatality :) I actually am going to throw in a wild type in my Italians, I was just risking it, and since I have strong coloring, it wouldn't have hurt to breed straight Italian (except the lowered fatal gene than that of manchurian) but I would rather have less chance of death before hatch, than have complete Italian hatch.

Interesting. I was reading not all lines produce the same double yellow 25% lethal. But the genetics they got into was a tad bit over my head.

I got the impression it was the type of double yellow however.or something like that. Moby flat out said not all kinds are lethal and he is quite the geek. I follow his posts.

I suppose we will find out!

Well, I understand it, an this is where mrs. Douglas came in, as the gold is on the y gene - fawn, fawn 2 and beige. Both Italian and manchurian are fawn 2, but one is heterozygous and the other is homozygous. Homozygous being the mutant manchurian color and beig more fatal. I thin why you heard is kind of right, people use wild (pharaoh) to improve color and reduce fatal gene, so there can be quite a variance.

Ask me in a couple weeks to explain that again, without using her response for guidance, and I wouldn't be able to do so!!

Last edited:
Current Offer:
MIne Rhodebars

offer
6 australorps (last time till fall they are going back into general pop)
6 Swedish FLowers\
6 Hens CHoice
Summer
6 Buff Brahma Bantams
6 Dark Brahma Bantams
3 Coronation Sussex and 3 Swedish FLowers
6 CHocolate Orp Bantams
fall
6 Orp assortment

Mine post #10222

trying this again for the...

Australorps please before they go away

Offer:
+ Welsummer
6+ Ancona Duck (Black Drake over black and chocolate hens)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom