Peachick sleeping and not eating

I apologize for misunderstanding, but do you mean that I mix the kaytee feed, ground up starter, and the egg yolk? Sorry, stressed and terrified of getting it wrong. Trying to ideally save the syringing as a last resort if I can get the chick to eat.

I do also have these small plastic droppers if you think they would serve the purpose of syringing over the aforementioned syringe I linked in a previous comment
Yes. As KSKingBee said, the Kaytee is a complete feed and nothing needs to be added to it. What I meant was to mix up the Kaytee and then add a small amount of ground up chick starter and raw egg yolk just to thicken and bind it. Just add tiny bits at a time until you can roll it into a squishy ball with your fingers. You can start with less water in the Kaytee feed if that helps.

If you can follow KSKingBee's advice that would be best. I know the crop feeding is scary but it's actually not as difficult as it seems and it is by far the best way. What I'm suggesting is an alternative in an emergency because too many people are scared of crop feeding so they resort to a dropper in the beak which can be dangerous. If you can't manage to get the food directly into the crop this way is safe and it can't aspirate. Of course it is less accurate but if you're careful to only give small amounts at a time it's better than nothing, especially if the peachick is drinking enough.

Sorry, I meant to make a reply to this. But yesterday, after finally getting the poor thing to a vet, it passed in the evening.

It is very dearly missed. It managed to make it all the way through the week, to the vet appointment and most of the day, but I think it just got to be too much for the poor baby.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and assistance with my countless questions. It was a great ease through a very troubling week.

Sorry, I meant to make a reply to this. But yesterday, after finally getting the poor thing to a vet, it passed in the evening.

It is very dearly missed. It managed to make it all the way through the week, to the vet appointment and most of the day, but I think it just got to be too much for the poor baby.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and assistance with my countless questions. It was a great ease through a very troubling week.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it knew it was well loved and cared for.

Back
Top Bottom