Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Garden Peas

Songster
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
Not sure if mine are the first, but the others won't be far behind. Here's the latest at my house (chick #4), who just popped out this evening:

And here are the first 3 chicks in their spiffy makeshift double-decker brooder -- good thing that Mikey is too big to slip out of the dog crate!
gig.gif

So who's gonna be next? (Not counting the other eggs in my bator, lol.) Who else has eggs in the incubator?

Not sure if mine are the first, but the others won't be far behind. Here's the latest at my house (chick #4), who just popped out this evening: And here are the first 3 chicks in their spiffy makeshift double-decker brooder -- good thing that Mikey is too big to slip out of the dog crate! :gig So who's gonna be next? (Not counting the other eggs in my bator, lol.) Who else has eggs in the incubator?
Ive received 1ea egg unbroken and 2ea perch bombs, other than that they are still practicing. Very nice chicks you have there and keep posting those pics of progress,
1f44d.png
. Gerald Barker

Ive received 1ea egg unbroken and 2ea perch bombs, other than that they are still practicing. Very nice chicks you have there and keep posting those pics of progress,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

It's raining eggs at your place?
lau.gif

FWIW, I've managed to get a couple of perch bombs into the bator -- if the shavings are really deep, sometimes the ovoid torpedoes survive the quick stop at the end
th.gif

Other times, whoever's in the pea shed gets a happy treat
tongue2.gif
(Ask me about my spring adventures combatting cannibalism...)

It's raining eggs at your place?  :lau  

FWIW, I've managed to get a couple of perch bombs into the bator -- if the shavings are really deep, sometimes the ovoid torpedoes survive the quick stop at the end :th

Other times, whoever's in the pea shed gets a happy treat  :plbb   (Ask me about my spring adventures combatting cannibalism...)

Haha great read, I love it.
1f602.png
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Seems like @KsKingBee & @AugeredIn should be close, if they don't already have chicks hatching...

Chick #5 has been hanging out with Egg #6 in the hatcher. I've thought Egg #6 was a goner for days, but it's chirping today, so there's a possibility it may make it. Here's this morning's photo shoot of Chick #5
jumpy.gif

Chick #5 is doing well now, but I was initially concerned it wasn't going to make it. Hatched (on its own) with messy navel, belly issues that could be mushy chick and splayed leg. And wings were weird, possibly from thrashing in incubator in circles upside down. Belly issues seem to be resolving with antibiotics, legs came around with hobbles. Wings are straight now. Toes are good. Been a long few days with this one.
th.gif

As you can imagine, after having just dealt with the challenges of Chick #5, I'm a little apprehensive about Egg #6...

In other news, Chicks #2-4 are thriving, and Chick #1 is the size of a turkey poult... I haven't figured out how to integrate the little guys with big brother yet
hmm.png

New peachix pix fix of the day for @new 2 pfowl -- here you go
jumpy.gif

That's as "new peachick" as I can get for you
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom