Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Quote:

Yes, here is the older one. I should say, they are out of Purple peacock and IB BS hens so they are actually split and then I know boys from girls with coloring. Though eventually I will just breed purple to purple and I want to make my own Purple Pied! Probably using my Opals, at some point, too.

Yes, that is pink marker on the back of the Purple split's neck. I make dag gone sure I do not accidentally sell my keepers by marking them well. And it was supposed to be a girl so I used pink marker. Dang birds!

Yay, Kathy! So glad it lived!
ya.gif

I did not know BB turkey would go broody. I have only had heritage breeds and those things stay broody most of the summer if I do not remember to collect eggs every day. I do have a turkey that sat and hatched Guinea keets and is raising them but those eggs are tough as granite!
I never thought about putting pea eggs under my ducks. My Muscovy throw out any eggs that are not theirs. I can't get them to sit on Runner duck eggs but I have had them hatch out Guineas before. Of course, they ended that when they tried to teach them to swim.
th.gif

So I've been trying to channel my inner peahen, and look what hatched!

Looking for opinions on the first two: do they look like standard IBs? Could they be dark pieds? Their eggs came from a mixed pen w pieds, purples, and cameos. I know they're not cameos, but could they be at least carrying pied or purple?

"Channel my inner peahen" I love it!!!
Precious pea babies.
I love my PPs! At this age I can cuddle and love them. They get older and then say they hate me. Such snobs. All the kissing and loving I give them when little and they grow up to only tolerate my presence because I bring them food and water. They are such royalty!

So I've been trying to channel my inner peahen, and look what hatched!

Looking for opinions on the first two: do they look like standard IBs? Could they be dark pieds? Their eggs came from a mixed pen w pieds, purples, and cameos. I know they're not cameos, but could they be at least carrying pied or purple?

Congratulations!

[COLOR=0000CD]"Channel my inner peahen" I love it!!![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]Precious pea babies.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]I love my PPs! At this age I can cuddle and love them. They get older and then say they hate me. Such snobs. All the kissing and loving I give them when little and they grow up to only tolerate my presence because I bring them food and water. They are such royalty![/COLOR]

I was wondering about that. They are total cuttlebugs right now and call to me as I try to leave their room. Had a feeling that wasn't gona last, lol.

[COLOR=0000CD]Yes, here is the older one. I should say, they are out of Purple peacock and IB BS hens so they are actually split and then I know boys from girls with coloring. Though eventually I will just breed purple to purple and I want to make my own Purple Pied! Probably using my Opals, at some point, too.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Yes, that is pink marker on the back of the Purple split's neck. I make dag gone sure I do not accidentally sell my keepers by marking them well. And it was supposed to be a girl so I used pink marker. Dang birds![/COLOR]
Like the pink marker idea! Then u don't have to worry about their legs growing too fast for the zip ties. What is that grey chick in the very back of your group?

Quote:
I can't remember to take zip ties off. Too many times I have not gotten to them in time and had a dickens of a time getting under the ties to snip off without hurting the skin. I don't see well close up, even with my glasses on so marker works better for me.
The blue in the back corner is an Olive Egger chick. An odd ball that hatched out alone and I had no where else to put it. Set the egg without my glasses on and thought it was a Runner duck egg. Oy!

Back
Top Bottom