Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Freshly peeled shrink-wrapped chick. After 24 hours he'd only unzipped about an inch so I opened, doing fine. Three others hatched on their own this morning so not sure his problem other than being pretty big - 77 grams.
-----------
Well nevermind, it's a picture of a big wet chick! Site won't let me upload.

Freshly peeled shrink-wrapped chick. After 24 hours he'd only unzipped about an inch so I opened, doing fine. Three others hatched on their own this morning so not sure his problem other than being pretty big - 77 grams.
-----------
Well nevermind, it's a picture of a big wet chick! Site won't let me upload.

Congrats!

BYC is having some major problems right now. Please be sure to post your picture when the problem is fixed.

-Kathy

Oldest and youngest of the year.

Looking for hatching eggs..anybody close to Monticello ky or welling to ship eggs? New to peafowl as an adult my late father raised them.

I am getting very few eggs now. This is the time of year the boys are losing their trains and the girls are slowing down on egg laying. I have one peacock still with a full train but the other boys are eitehr trianless or started blowing them out yesterday. I picked up an arm load from 2 pens yesterday. My girls rarely lay after the boys lose their entire trains.
Try again next March and April and you should find some.

Beautiful bunch of babies! They look so healthy! Stout even. I can't believe they stay off the can lid and don't poop on it.
You have jinxed me now. I don't know how but I am sure one of the peachicks heard you. Luckily I have magnetic funnels I can place on top if they do.

I had another Bronze hatch out yesterday. I am so hoping for one to be a WE peacock so I am keeping all that have hatched out. I don't need more Bronze unless it is a WE for my project. Yes, this one has purple magic marker on the back of it's neck. I am so afraid of selling the wrong chicks and ones I am keeping are different ages so can't go in together yet.

Back
Top Bottom