Peacock chick bloated with air

fergyc2l2t316

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone have an idea what to use or do for a peacock chick that has air in its body? I have to use a catheter to release the air from its body. I don't know what to do otherwise. I'm pretty sure that it is some kind of bacterial infection, but do not know what is causing it and can not find anything on the net. Please help. I don't want to loose the chick.

Thanks,
fergyc2l2t316

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry about your chick. You might want to post this in our emergency section for more help with your chick...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

I hope your baby is going to be ok.
hugs.gif

Two Crows
Thank you so much for the response. I just posted to the site. I am new here and am very greatful for all your help.

Thanks
Fergyc2l2t316

Update on my baby peachick. She or he is doing awesome. The night I posted my first help, I deflated her belly. Held her for about 1/2 hours and apparently the hole that was sucking in the air sealed. I have not had to deflate her since. She is doing great and singing like a Lark or Nightengale, whichever you like. LOL

Thanks everyone.

thumbsup.gif
It's so good to hear of happy endings . Thanks for updating us. WE often wonder how some of the "problem" cases turn out.

She/he is doing great. Since the night that I had posted about the chick and I let the air out on it, I held it for 30 minutes as it snuggled with me. Then after that it had no more problems. Its doing great and loves to snuggle. I know its going to be big before long. It wants to ride on my shoulder. LOL wait until it gets big, right? Thank you so much for asking. I greatly appreciate it.
So depending whether its male or female, its name is Wind Puff. Windy if a girl, and Puff if its a boy. It seems to fit the chick.

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom