Peacock Pheasant Questions

Sorry for not being able to respond for a while, I was sick...

I do not mind the side conversations, but I will get back on topic!

Well my birds are not lucky enough to get their pens covered with poly, so we have to have heated areas. I have my main aviary with the temminck's tragopans and ducks. The lady amherst and red goldens have separate pens. I wanted to know how small is small because I have small pens but I was worried it might be too small, but it turns out they would be perfect! I am afraid my peafowl would bully them, so I would keep them separate. Wow, well I thought the Palwans were harder to raise. Thanks for letting me know that and the prices. I had found hatching eggs in Florida via eBay, but the auction was cancelled. There is a pheasant breeder like two hours away from me who raise the peacock pheasants, so I would probably get some from him if anything. I am glad that the peacock pheasants will be friendly, since I do my best to keep all of my birds friendly.

I am a young teenager who got into this hobby because my dad also loves birds! We are considering the peacock pheasants, so he thought I should ask on here. I am just getting into the pheasants. I only have right now two pairs of Temminck's Tragopan, one pair of pure Red Goldens, and one pair of Lady Amhersts. I sold all of my other ruffed pheasants since acquiring the pure birds from Odd Bird Ranch and Aviary. Well I am not sure if you care about peafowl, but I do have a few of those as well.

Also, thanks for the pictures Tony, it looks like they have a great home where they can live healthy and nice lives.

I have I think a trio or quad of Northern Bobwhites, a few different kinds of Coturnix Quail, and Valley Quail. My Gambel's Quail died when my quails had some bacterial infection. I was upset.

Sorry for not being able to respond for a while, I was sick...

I do not mind the side conversations, but I will get back on topic!

Well my birds are not lucky enough to get their pens covered with poly, so we have to have heated areas. I have my main aviary with the temminck's tragopans and ducks. The lady amherst and red goldens have separate pens. I wanted to know how small is small because I have small pens but I was worried it might be too small, but it turns out they would be perfect! I am afraid my peafowl would bully them, so I would keep them separate. Wow, well I thought the Palwans were harder to raise. Thanks for letting me know that and the prices. I had found hatching eggs in Florida via eBay, but the auction was cancelled. There is a pheasant breeder like two hours away from me who raise the peacock pheasants, so I would probably get some from him if anything. I am glad that the peacock pheasants will be friendly, since I do my best to keep all of my birds friendly.

I am a young teenager who got into this hobby because my dad also loves birds! We are considering the peacock pheasants, so he thought I should ask on here. I am just getting into the pheasants. I only have right now two pairs of Temminck's Tragopan, one pair of pure Red Goldens, and one pair of Lady Amhersts. I sold all of my other ruffed pheasants since acquiring the pure birds from Odd Bird Ranch and Aviary. Well I am not sure if you care about peafowl, but I do have a few of those as well.

Also, thanks for the pictures Tony, it looks like they have a great home where they can live healthy and nice lives.
Don't waste your money on shipped eggs,they very rarely hatch thru the mail.If you can pick them up,by all means do it,it will be well worth the trip.There are a lot of breeders in N.Y.,but Gary Simpson in Norwich,Ron Ballard in Argyle, are the only ones listing grey peacock pheasants.Ron also has palawans.
In N.H.,Tony.

tony what birds do u have availible
I have a 2012 pair of sibling impeyans and a 2012 lewis silver male.This is a pic of the breeder male lewis.The one I have for sale is not fully colored out yet.They are kinda reverse from true silvers,instead of white with black lacing,these lewis are black with white lacings.I just got another unrelated male today(tues),so I have an extra male.I am looking for a temminick hen and a swinhoe hen
I'm sure there going to move this into another thread,but you did ask.
In N.H.,Tony.

Yeah I have had bad hatches with pheasant eggs through the mail. Thank you for letting me know those breeders. I really appreciate that. Can you please send me their e-mails through the PM please?

Doesn't DMFarms (or something like that) have palwans?

Back
Top Bottom