Peafowl 201: Further Genetics- Colors, Patterns, and More

1: What would be the breed or what pattern they are?
The color is Bronze and the pattern is pied.
2: what gene they are possibly carrying?
They carry Bronze barred and pied genes in theory! They can be split other color or pattern but nothing is visible ... if they are born at a place where they mix several types of peacocks!
3: If they breed together what would the babies look like or what would be they considered as?
Bronze Pied X Bronze Pied = 25% White; 25% Dark Bronze Pied; 50% Bronze Pied.
4:And what would be the rite amount for me to pay for them?
500/600 $ pair.

Oh wow . They sound like good birds.

What’s the white on his train? Is that considered white eye gene ?

Any chances of having white eyes on the future chicks or carrying white eye gene?

To my eye, those birds look to be Bronze Dark-Pied -- white areas are reduced and rather symmetrical, which is how being homozygous for the Pied mutation typically presents. What is called "Pied" in the trade would be more haphazardly white, and result from being heterozygous for Pied and White mutations. I don't see the White-Eye trait.

To my eye, those birds look to be Bronze Dark-Pied -- white areas are reduced and rather symmetrical, which is how being homozygous for the Pied mutation typically presents. What is called "Pied" in the trade would be more haphazardly white, and result from being heterozygous for Pied and White mutations. I don't see the White-Eye trait.
Thanks for replying Rosa
So as of now from what I get
I’m assuming they both individually are Buford Bronze Dark-Pied which are carrying some amount of White eyed gene.
So after breeding this spring. The next generation will have white eye in all the chicks which will be
(Buford Bronze Pied White Eyed) they should be more visible than the parents rite?

Dark pied = two or three white feathers at the tip of the wing!
Here there is a white spot ON the wing and the edge of the wing is white!

bronze WE 1_LI (2).jpg

The edge of the wing is white it makes me think of Dark silver pied ... but there is the spot ON the wing .... I hesitate ...!
White feathers on the back of the female ... = silver pied influence!
The peacock is pied because the center of the train is white!

Dark pied = two or three white feathers at the tip of the wing!
Here there is a white spot ON the wing and the edge of the wing is white!

View attachment 1301043
The edge of the wing is white it makes me think of Dark silver pied ... but there is the spot ON the wing .... I hesitate ...!
White feathers on the back of the female ... = silver pied influence!
The peacock is pied because the center of the train is white!
Oh great. Thank you for sharing the information Really appreciate it.

Hi. I’m jumping in. I’ve been searching to find an answer but without success ~~~
How do I tell the difference between a purple peacock and a blue
I was given a pair and the cock seems a very dark intense blue? Purple

Back
Top Bottom