PEAFOWL AGES?

Moon888

Chirping
Oct 29, 2022
Hi Everyone, I have a peahen (and peacock) which I bought 18 months ago. The first month of being with us, the peahen laid only one egg, and has not laid since then. We have no idea what her age is? The lady who sold the pair to us, said that they were about 1 year old; I have my doubts?
The peacock seems to be inexperienced when it comes to mating, as we have not seen them mate yet? So there are two issues that I would really appreciate some feedback on, please : ) Thanks

Attachments

• Rajah.jpg
    Rajah.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 59
In the northern hemisphere, the mating season is March through August. Although it is not impossible for a yearling to lay they normally don't and if this is a mature hen moving her from her home will shut down egg laying. Your cock is at least three years of age, maybe older by the fullness of his train.

In the northern hemisphere, the mating season is March through August. Although it is not impossible for a yearling to lay they normally don't and if this is a mature hen moving her from her home will shut down egg laying. Your cock is at least three years of age, maybe older by the fullness of his train.
THANK YOU so much for your reply ... so he is 3 years old, and does not pounce on her. Rhini must be an older bird because she seems so disinterested most of the time, and I have never seen her crouch down in front of him, allowing him to pounce : ( Looks like I may need to get another peahen : )

See the 'Stickies Topics' at the top of the Peafowl page for threads with lots of information. Everything from housing, genetics, medications, and more. Happy reading.
I do not see the "Stickies Topics" that you talk about ... see attachment ... actually I am still learning how to navigate around this site : )

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-07_BYC.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-07_BYC.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 19
THANK YOU so much for your reply ... so he is 3 years old, and does not pounce on her. Rhini must be an older bird because she seems so disinterested most of the time, and I have never seen her crouch down in front of him, allowing him to pounce : ( Looks like I may need to get another peahen : )
Ks KingBee ... this is Rhini the either very young lady or mature lady?

Attachments

• RHINI.jpg
    RHINI.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 17
This is Rhini, the either very young lady or mature lady?

Attachments

• RHINI.jpg
    RHINI.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom