Peafowl Identification

old biddy

Crowing
12 Years
Sep 30, 2010
Lamont, Florida
The following photos are of my beautiful peafowl family.

Photo #1: This is Rainbow, my original peacock and daddy to six peachicks. Rainbow is about 4 or 5 years old. I am wondering if he is a typical India Blue or if he shows any Spaulding traits or color variations.

Photo #2 is Anastasia, Rainbow's mate and mama to the six peachicks. Same questions.

Photo #3 is Wolfgang, Rainbow and Anastasia's first hatched out clutch by surrogate chicken hen. Born May 5, 2018. Same questions.

Photo #4 is Victoria, also Born May 5, 2018. Same questions.

Photo#5 is Bella, also Born May 5, 2018. Same questions. (She is a Black Shoulder and I believe she is a hen...but not absolutely sure.

Photo #6 is Sam for Samuel or Samantha - not sure of gender...born on August 3, 2018 in second clutch. Same questions.

Photo #7 is Heathcliff or Heather - not sure of gender. Black Shoulder...born on August 3, 2018. Same questions.

Photo #8 is Gilly for Gilcrist or Cat for Caitriona - not sure of gender. Black Shoulder ... born on August 3, 2018. Same questions. (Note: I know it looks like #8 is the same bird as #7 but actually the birds traded places just as we were about to take the photo.)

Thanks to all for any comments - I want to be able to describe each one correctly if and when I put them up for sale.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

The last ones look like silver pied, and the first is a beautiful cinnamon-winged blue India. The silver-laced look like they might have some spaulding in them. You have very nice birds!

Last edited:
1 - IB with very small level spalding ! it's not a blue split BS! By the split BS (one gene BS) there is no outside sign of the BS mutation!
2 - Blue peahen with some spalding (colored belly).
3 - young male IB (2018).
4 - peahen Blue with some spalding (colored belly).
5 - peahen Blue BS.
6 - young Blue female (2018).
7 - couple Blue BS.
8 - couple Blue BS ... male=the darker.

1 - IB with very small level spalding ! it's not a blue split BS! By the split BS (one gene BS) there is no outside sign of the BS mutation!
If it was the sign of BS split ....
why only on the males ??
I want to see a picture of a female blue split BS ... be a gray bird with brown pink spots on the wings!:eek:

2 - Blue peahen with some spalding (colored belly).
3 - young male IB (2018).
4 - peahen Blue with some spalding (colored belly).
5 - peahen Blue BS.
6 - young Blue female (2018).
7 - couple Blue BS.
8 - couple Blue BS ... male=the darker.

Thanks so much, Dany12. Of course now I have so many more questions! What characteristics tell you that Photo #1 has small level spaulding?

Back
Top Bottom