pearl gray partridge brahma

Oh I'm drooling,
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
that is an absolutely gorgeous colour
love.gif
and I so wish we had it in the UK as I'd love to start breeding it.
love.gif

Is that a standardised colour in Europe? Before I saw it on your website, Peter I never knew of its existence. Do they breed true?
In the UK we have as standardised colours
Gold [Partridge]
Blue Partridge [latest colour to be standardised]
Buff Columbian
Light
Dark

There have been a few developments of non standard colours, Lemon Pyle being one -
28072008013.jpg

This is simply a reversal of the Buff. I also keep Blue Buff, which is not recognised by the PCGB, which a slight variant on the Buff, the columbian neck lacing and the tail feathers being a smoky Blue instead of Black. Like this cock -
100410020.jpg

But we haven't got a colour anything like this in Brahma's, which is a real shame.
sad.png

Last edited:
I now have 40 eggs in the incubator lie next follow!
My next generation is assured and I hope that this year they will be bigger and heavier
I will breed 4 bloodlines

The OP's bird's color is also referred to as Isabel Partridge ("gold" partridge with lavender) - Very rare, pretty, and something I'd love to see worked on in more countries.
smile.png

Nice Lemon Pyles. 'Tis a color that needs work, but it is still very pretty and rare.

Quote:
Technically it should still breed true. Lavender is what makes it, and is recessive, so he is either getting splits and not showing them, or it is breeding true. The only other fault that would come along would be smudged pencilling and/or too much color in areas like the tail, breast, etc.

Back
Top Bottom