pearl gray partridge brahma

I wish they were available in the UK, I really love this colour.
cool.png

Quote:
From scratch - Lavender and Gold/Partridge. That's basically what it is. From there it takes a lot of breeding to get Lavender introduced, which is a little tricky, as it is recessive. There's a lot of breeding back to the Partridge then to the Lavender to get what you want.

If you are lucky enough to find a Lavender colored Columbian, Wheaten, Duckwing, etc - You're better off.

Quote:
Sadly we don't have those colours in the UK. Lavender Orps have been making a big noise and then everything went Lavender closely followed by chocolate. Choc Orps hatching eggs were a license to print money last year, with eggs going on eBay for £500/$791 with no guarantee on fertility. You pays your money and takes your chances.
ep.gif

Personally I think you'd find better odds betting on Red Rum to win the Grand National and he's been dead 15 years.
fl.gif

Quote:
Not before Peter's come over the UK with this colour of Brahma.
ya.gif
I totally adore it.
thumbsup.gif
Peter those chicks are so gorgeous, I just love their silver down.
droolin.gif
love.gif

Oh why can't we have that colour, its just So beautiful.
clap.gif

Thanks for bringing this thread back out of the woodwork- this is the coloration I'm hatching right now from my Isabel Orp project.

THIS is why the color has to finally be put into a large breed in the US- how lovely is that!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom