Peeling eggs

Michigan Transplant

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Marionville, MO
My husband wanted me to ask if ANYONE know a good way to boil and peel eggs. We have tried different methods we have been told and they do not work. End up with chunks out of the whites when you peel them to make deviled eggs or just a hard boiled egg. It takes forever to peel one eggs. Really could use some expert advice and thought this would be the place. HELP PLEASE!!!!! THANKS.

This method has worked for me, both with fresh or older eggs.

Bring water to boil. Carefully place eggs in water. Boil for 15 minutes. I do not cover. Drain and replace with cold water and ice. Let sit a few minutes then peel.

Tip: I use a teflon sauce pan so the eggs don't crack when placing them in the boiling water.
Tip: I use a small ladle to carefully place eggs in boiling water.
Tip: I sometimes wait longer before peeling but you can do it right away.

there are alot of thread on it, and i tried many of them, but what works best no matter the age of eggs is to bring the water to a boil, put the eggs in, boil for 15 minutes, then run under cold water- crack each one a little so the water can get under the shell, then peel them, most of the time the shell will slide right off- i have used eggs right off the nest and they peeled fine

I just read something on the net tonight that says put them in cold water and bring to a boil for ??? minutes, I do 10, the remove them from the boiling water and place in ICE water. Bring water to boil again and then place them back in for 10 seconds, remove and put in ice water again. Peel and eat!

I haven't tried it yet but soon. Good luck!!!

I peel under cold running water. Seems to work great for me. I also crack the whole egg before I start just tap it lightly all the way around and on the top and bottom, then just squeeze gently until it cracks up everywhere. Then stick under the water and once you get the piece at the end where the air pocket is the rest slides off easily.

Back
Top Bottom