Pekin Duck Club!

@Miss Lydia
In preparation for the new batches, I’m looking for a cheaper alternative to $20 bags of feed for ducklings. Brewers yeast isn’t readily available, so I’ve not used it in the past.
Is this appropriate (the garlic confuses me. Vets claim it’s actually poison to dogs and cats)?
192C8664-7AD3-41F2-9EA4-3D06342E613B.jpeg

@Miss Lydia
In preparation for the new batches, I’m looking for a cheaper alternative to $20 bags of feed for ducklings. Brewers yeast isn’t readily available, so I’ve not used it in the past.
Is this appropriate (the garlic confuses me. Vets claim it’s actually poison to dogs and cats)?
View attachment 1459391
I know I am not Miss Lydia, but I can help a bit. Garlic is fine for ducks. I give some to my ducks often. It is really like a supplement that aids in all kinds of functions in the body. Garlic is good for people and good for ducks. I gave garlic to my little ones when they were young and they never had any problems, but sneezing(because of pine shavings), and Bumble foot(stepping on something sharp). None of those things would benefit from garlic. I say to use garlic. It has worked for me and I am sure other people too! Other then that all looks good!

I haven't ever used that product you pictured but I do put garlic in my dogs feed every morning and my birds get it also. I have done it for years and they are still here and healthy.

Math is not my forte so I am not sure on how much niacin that is but seems .800mgs may not be much lets get a scientist here to speak
@CayugaJana Jana

I put 1 tablespoon of garlic to half 2 gal bucket of feed.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to post this here, but if anyone is in or near orange country, CA and would adopt this cutie it would be great. Was originally a balut egg (intended for consumption) but was hatched instead. Because she's my first hatch ever plus with a makeshift incubator along with her coming from a balut egg, I want to make sure she goes to a great home. Born June 27th. Healthy as can be and is quite a spunky one.

IMG_20180704_231626089.jpg IMG_20180703_181418276.jpg

Back
Top Bottom