Pekin Duck Club!

Four and half months ago these were my boys
Still hav to chase them away from dogs beds

can i be in this club i have 2 pekins and 2 baby pekin + cayuga mix ducks i bought 3 days ago here are some pics

I happily forgot that pekins are MEAT ducks. But my hatched Rouens are keeping right with them. They clean 2 LBS. of feed and a gallon waterer (Most on floor of brooder I am sure.) in 1/2 day. Only time they like me is when 1 or other is empty. Have not lost any yet, just 1 hatchery Rouen with them was lost. Other 9 Rouens doing fine. Will move tomorrow to larger growing pen for space and outdoor access.

Question, our Pekins will coop at night, but they make a huge mess in the coop with water. They also have a couple of EE's that won't part with them, so cooping in the runfor now isn't an option. Any ideas on how to keep the water mess down?

Question, our Pekins will coop at night, but they make a huge mess in the coop with water. They also have a couple of EE's that won't part with them, so cooping in the runfor now isn't an option. Any ideas on how to keep the water mess down?

Only thing I see you can do is remove water when putting them in at night. But would require letting them out EVERY day without fail. Duck+water=mess, simple fact.

So it is ok for them not to have water all night? They go in around dark 9 pm here, for now) and up and out at 5:30 am

Back
Top Bottom