Pekin Duck Club!

Gas company came out to check meter. And my hen house and coop is their. The dog house is right in front of meter. We have 6 birds coming Monday that need protecting on list.

Dumor chick starter non medicated. And ive been mixing the brewers yeast in it. And now the other ducklings legs are starting to point in. I have no idea whats happening. They go to the vet monday. I put them in the tub together a little while ago and they seem happy, dipping their heads under the water. The one with the swollen leg looks like the swlling has gone down a little. And hes been using it more in the water but its still not good.

Mine or on turkey waterfowl baby feed non medicated and chicks our on medicated chick starter or non medicated when the medicated is not available and water protector and chicken probiotic and life lytes. And they do real well. I had baby's since they where 4 days old for 5 pekins long with veggies

Good news is got two locks the third is on the way soon. Bad news is my son got sick again and it through everything into a panic. The rabbits got out the hen got out. And he accidentally put tricky in the wrong cage. Needless to say I have another hen in sick bay. I can't win. I need to get the duck eggs out of the coop so I can put my drake back with the girls. So I can move my middle ducks . To the pen where eithen is. So I can move the baby ducks where middle ducks our. So my baby's coming Monday have the baby coop. It's not working.

I think I want to research the endanger listings. And look intwo that envirment and life style. And choose a ducks turkeys and chicken from list.

Hello all! Just ordered a jumbo Pekin from Metzers Farm. I chose the jumbo because for temperament it said "very calm." This afternoon though I came across a discussion with many people saying not to get the jumbos for pets? Because of leg issues? Does anyone have any experience or any advice? Was thinking about calling on Monday and seeing if I could switch to the smaller guys if it seems to be the common recommendation. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!

Dumor chick starter non medicated. And ive been mixing the brewers yeast in it. And now the other ducklings legs are starting to point in. I have no idea whats happening. They go to the vet monday. I put them in the tub together a little while ago and they seem happy, dipping their heads under the water. The one with the swollen leg looks like the swlling has gone down a little. And hes been using it more in the water but its still not good.

Glad the swelling is down a bit, that's better than it getting worse... I asked because someone said on another thread that a certain lot of the Manna Pro feed was voluntarily recalled for having too much sodium/salt in it... just wanted to mame sure that wasn't it...

I hope the vet can help ghe poor little one out... will keep my :fl for all of you...

Oh, and the duMor with brewers yeast is ok... personally, I prefer the Purina Flock Raiser... it has better balance of what ducklings need... :)

Hello all! Just ordered a jumbo Pekin from Metzers Farm. I chose the jumbo because for temperament it said "very calm." This afternoon though I came across a discussion with many people saying not to get the jumbos for pets? Because of leg issues? Does anyone have any experience or any advice? Was thinking about calling on Monday and seeing if I could switch to the smaller guys if it seems to be the common recommendation. Thoughts? Thanks everyone!

I have a jumbo pekin named DJ Quack. Best duck ever. Jumbos are so calm and friendly, and fat! :) you made a good choice, DJ is so funny and the leader of my flock. (Well that may change soon, my magpie baby is pretty feisty)

Back
Top Bottom