Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

The layer pen really likes our compost pile.

Purdy birds Troyer...nice flock!
Night all...
frow.gif
, Have a GREAT EASTER everyone!!!

FutureFarmer31 :) That's my pinterest name. I have to go under a secret alias because if kids from school found my pinterest and it was nothing but chickens and stuff, I would never have any friends again
1f602.png
. People would think I was so weird.

one day, it won't even matter what your "friends" think...oh, and being "weird" is an asset!;) ...I find the most interesting people are "wierd"...

one day, it won't even matter what your "friends" think...oh, and being "weird" is an asset!;) ...I find the most interesting people are "wierd"...

Well said LMP.....Chippy you just remember that you're Extraordinary and we wouldn't want you any other way!!;)  

Wow, I am gone for 2 days and I had 200+ posts to catch up on....... Welcome to all the new folks!   I loved reading about all of you Bee people.... that sounds like something I will consider for future endeavor.  I love seeing all the fuzzy butts... very cute babies.

We got the duck house built and set in the run area.  Today we butchered and then had a family Easter Egg hunt for the kids....I am spent.....

Wing did you ever get you pigs? 

Chippy I love that you are surprising your sister.:thumbsup

Aurora glad to hear that chip has found his voice.:yiipchick

Barbie I hope the incubator works out... sounded like a good deal.

The one miraculous thing that has taken place over the last 4 days is that I have not stepped foot in TSC....too afraid of what might be discounted that I wont be able to resist.:barnie

Felton, PA North Hopewell Township

Welcome welcome!

FutureFarmer31 :) That's my pinterest name. I have to go under a secret alias because if kids from school found my pinterest and it was nothing but chickens and stuff, I would never have any friends again
1f602.png
. People would think I was so weird.

Weird is good! "Normal in this country is fat, stupid and broke. I don't want to be normal!" -Dave Ramsey (A super financial guy). If knowing where your food comes from and enjoying the preparation of such, then many of our grandparents were really weird.

Agreed! I'm so happy to be done school! Chippysmom reminded me of that!

Did some shipping today,,,large box of eggs sent off And 2 smaller boxes with mealworms in,,,hope they make it, I never shipped worms before,,,,150 of them should be a good starting point..

Bad part of that....I can not find the receipt with the tracking numbers on....

You go girl!

I prefer to think of myself as different, thank you very much. :)

You guys are the best :hugs

Do you know how hard it was to hide 5 peeps for almost 3 days? It was the equivalent of trying to hide an elephant. My sister kept asking what the peeping noise was coming from my room. I said I had my iPad playing chick noises to help the embryos develop better. She bought it and didn't ask anymore. I can't wait to hand her the little serama tomorrow morning and tell her it's hers. Only one hatched. Actually, I only had 5 hatch total. They hatched too early and had open navels (except for the serama). One hatched today with its yolk sack still out a little. It dried out some today but it's still wet up near the navel. I put some antibiotic ointment on it before bed and fed him electrolyte water in a dropper. He's pretty weak. If he pulls through I'm definitely keeping him. I'm really afraid he won't though. His little yolk sac oozed quite a bit of yellow stuff today. :(

Last edited:
You guys are the best :hugs

Do you know how hard it was to hide 5 peeps for almost 3 days? It was the equivalent of trying to hide an elephant. My sister kept asking what the peeping noise was coming from my room. I said I had my iPad playing chick noises to help the embryos develop better. She bought it and didn't ask anymore. I can't wait to hand her the little serama tomorrow morning and tell her it's hers. Only one hatched. Actually, I only had 5 hatch total. They hatched too early and had open navels (except for the serama). One hatched today with its yolk sack still out a little. It dried out some today but it's still wet up near the navel. I put some antibiotic ointment on it before bed and fed him electrolyte water in a dropper. He's pretty weak. If he pulls through I'm definitely keeping him. I'm really afraid he won't though. His little yolk sac oozed quite a bit of yellow stuff today. :(

Sometimes they surprise you. They can absorb the yolk sack after hatching. They won't have to eat for a couple days, that will nourish them.
I hope (s)he pulls through for you.

Last edited:
You guys are the best
hugs.gif

Do you know how hard it was to hide 5 peeps for almost 3 days? It was the equivalent of trying to hide an elephant. My sister kept asking what the peeping noise was coming from my room. I said I had my iPad playing chick noises to help the embryos develop better. She bought it and didn't ask anymore. I can't wait to hand her the little serama tomorrow morning and tell her it's hers. Only one hatched. Actually, I only had 5 hatch total. They hatched too early and had open navels (except for the serama). One hatched today with its yolk sack still out a little. It dried out some today but it's still wet up near the navel. I put some antibiotic ointment on it before bed and fed him electrolyte water in a dropper. He's pretty weak. If he pulls through I'm definitely keeping him. I'm really afraid he won't though. His little yolk sac oozed quite a bit of yellow stuff today.
sad.png
hugs.gif
good luck with the little one(s)..hope they all do well for you.
Have a HAPPY EASTER Everyone....got to do the quiche thing now....and family thing..and travel thing...
th.gif
....hahha, good day all!

Back
Top Bottom