Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello all! I'm new to BYC and just found this PA thread. I live in northern York county but am from Lancaster county :)

Howdy from southern York county! York county people try to meet about once a month to just meet up and chat! Look for us at poultry keepers of York County on Facebook!

York County-Coop is almost finished.  Just ordered my chicks yesterday.  They will arrive in 21 days.  Very excited. 

congrats! And welcome from southern York county! If you're on Facebook consider finding the poultry keepers of York County!

I just have to share here because I'm fit to bursting! I've gotten official permissions from the directors and producers of the Pennsylvania renaissance faire
To bring one or more of my chickens to the faire! I belong to the improv troupe called Blackfryers! My character is Henrietta Fowler, chicken farmer of the shire of mount hope! I'm so very excited to be a part of the faire

I'm curious. Are you also a Barbie doll collector? I'm just guessing by your name. : )
Yes I am. Although I haven't added to my collection in a while. My hubby buys me the holiday Barbie for Christmas. I have over 100 dolls. And I do get a chuckle out of the Barbie Girl song by Aqua, it just cracks me up that song.

I just have to share here because I'm fit to bursting! I've gotten official permissions from the directors and producers of the Pennsylvania renaissance faire
To bring one or more of my chickens to the faire! I belong to the improv troupe called Blackfryers! My character is Henrietta Fowler, chicken farmer of the shire of mount hope! I'm so very excited to be a part of the faire

Congrats!
celebrate.gif
That is so cool! I don't see how they could have an authentic renaissance fair without the barnyard animals that were such a part of everyday life in those times... So glad they are allowing you to add your birds!

[COLOR=0000FF]Excuse me while I meander over to the 'confused couch'.... Gonna have to read that one a few times over.  Gives me a reason to go stare at my poults though.  They are all so cool looking, we love them! The one white poult is a Midget White, the only one from that hatch, they came from a different breeder.  MsLadyHawke picked up some Royal Palm eggs at auction 2 weeks ago and they are looking good.[/COLOR]
Post a pic of my poults & I can tell you what colors they are.

I have asparagus coming out my ears, does anyone have a recipe for pickled aspagus that is not to spicey..

I don't have a recipe for pickled asparagus, but I too have it coming out my ears!  :lau  Have you ever tried it in butter and brown sugar? It's to die for!  :drool

Great idea, but I thought I was the [COLOR=FF0000]Queen of taking a vegetable and making it bad for you[/COLOR]..yep I can make anything bad for your health

:lau

[COLOR=FF0000]York County-Coop[/COLOR] is almost finished.  Just ordered my chicks yesterday.  They will arrive in 21 days.  Very excited. 

Welcome

The coop before the chicks, now that is not the way most of us think, good job being prepared, hope it is a big coop

[COLOR=0000FF]Am I the only one who read this as 'York County Co~Op'?  [/COLOR]

Welcome

The coop before the chicks, now that is not the way most of us think, good job being prepared, hope it is a big coop

Right, I subscribe to the "Just In Time" theory of coop building. Actually, the "In Time" part is sometimes not quite accurate either, but I do try.

[COLOR=0000FF]I'm in the '2 full weeks after the smell of chicken poo coming from my basement leads me to rip my hair out' club.[/COLOR]

Today's vent topic: craigslist.

So you offer something on cl at a very low price, essentially giving them away. You are contacted, they say they really want them, deal is almost done, they ask where you are. It's in the ad, but you tell them. Then they want you to drive an hour to meet them? Really? I'm going to waste that much time and gas to essentially give it away? The price wouldn't even pay for the gas. I'll meet people if it is reasonable or I'm headed that way or if I'm buying, but to sell for a few bucks (literally). I don't think so.

I'm done now, back to chickens. (they were chickens, though)

I just tell them I don't have a vehicle & if they want them they have to come get them.

Howdy from southern York county! York county people try to meet about once a month to just meet up and chat! Look for us at poultry keepers of York County on Facebook!
congrats! And welcome from southern York county! If you're on Facebook consider finding the poultry keepers of York County!

That is so cool!

Awesome! Do you know which chickens you will bring to the faire?

So cool!!
clap.gif
...congrats...Love your character name!!! hahaha...Never been to the fair, no excuse either..and we lived close enough
hmm.png
..would love to go some day!

*CC- those bunnies are so cute!! You are really making it hard not to get into that adventure early
wink.png
!!!

**Hello & Welcome to all new PEEPS!!!
frow.gif
...if you can't find what your looking for here..chances are they don't make it!
jumpy.gif
**Have a good all, going outside to play today
wee.gif
, while there isn't the rain to contend with...we have fruit trees coming any day now so we have some holes to dig!!!
bun.gif

I should have saved some of my lunch to take to work, I would of had the whole room to myself..

Fried in butter was chicken liver, hearts, gizzards,,,,just simply quick fried with a bowl of rice on the side..

I have cleared the lunch room on things like this.

Back
Top Bottom