Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

For anyone wondering about PFDs (life vests), this is from the PA Fish and boat site.

http://fishandboat.com/boatcrs/pfd/brochure.pdf
WHO MUST WEAR A LIFE JACKET?
● All children 12 years of age and younger on all Commonwealth waters must wear a life jacket while underway on any boat 20 feet in length or less and on all canoes and kayaks. Underway” includes drifting boats.
● Anyone towed behind a boat, no matter what the activity and regardless of age, must wear a life jacket.
● All personal watercraft operators and passengers.
● All sailboarders (windsurfers).
● Everyone (regardless of age) boating on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Pittsburgh District lakes, in boats less than 16 feet in length and on all canoes and kayaks.

I always wear one whenever I'm in a boat, but I have one that allows for a lot of freedom of movement (I hope to get inflatable ones soon). My Dad ended up in the Susquehanna the first time he took his bass boat out a few years ago. Thankfully he was right by the shore and, other than finding out he had walking pneumonia, was fine. But it made me a little paranoid, Gavin isn't allowed near any moving/deep water, or on docks without one.

Happy day! Are they Marans?
clap.gif

Barred Rocks
big_smile.png

For anyone wondering about PFDs (life vests), this is from the PA Fish and boat site. http://fishandboat.com/boatcrs/pfd/brochure.pdf WHO MUST WEAR A LIFE JACKET? ● All children 12 years of age and younger on all Commonwealth waters must wear a life jacket while underway on any boat 20 feet in length or less and on all canoes and kayaks. Underway” includes drifting boats. ● Anyone towed behind a boat, no matter what the activity and regardless of age, must wear a life jacket. ● All personal watercraft operators and passengers. ● All sailboarders (windsurfers). ● Everyone (regardless of age) boating on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Pittsburgh District lakes, in boats less than 16 feet in length and on all canoes and kayaks. I always wear one whenever I'm in a boat, but I have one that allows for a lot of freedom of movement (I hope to get inflatable ones soon). My Dad ended up in the Susquehanna the first time he took his bass boat out a few years ago. Thankfully he was right by the shore and, other than finding out he had walking pneumonia, was fine. But it made me a little paranoid, Gavin isn't allowed near any moving/deep water, or on docks without one.
Majority of the Susquehanna is only about 3 ft deep...you can walk across it, LOL! The only reason my sister was debating getting the baby a lifevest is that they own a bass boat which will not be put in the water this year, and the in-laws own a pontoon boat. She said it's practically a floating dock and the lake they have it on is tiny in comparison to the boat. Add to that the fact that the in-laws have started smoking in the cottage again, and she is not keen on taking the baby up there until they quit smoking.

Just dropping in to say Hi to all my chicken friends!!!
frow.gif
All of my kiddos have me running crazy, and I am over 1500 posts behind in the thread....but hope everyone is ok!!! All the craziness will be over soon and I can relax and breathe a minute!!!

Having been essentially knocked out while tubing behind a boat I will personally state the value of a pfd. I almost always have mine on anytime I am in a boost. Buying one that is comfortable and fits correctly is important. I invested in a neoprene that I love. I feel strange if not wearing it.

I do not trust water or the things that live there. *shudders* the only way my Loverman gets me out on the water is if I'm wearing a vest! It's not that I can't swim, just don't like not being able to see what's around me. Been bitten by various wildlife, all while in a pond, river, or lake. Yuckyuckyuck lol

The day has finally arrived!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

My babies arrived this morning and I think are the cutest lil things I have ever seen!! They all took straight to their food and water and so far are doing well!!!

Now to come up with names!

They are adorable! Congrats and enjoy!
She reminds of my dog Shang-Shang or Shangy. She was 1 year older than me and we grew up together. My mom said she was a collie but she didn't look like Lassie. I loved that dog, she was my bestest friend.
love.gif

If your parents were't sure of her breeding then she may very well have been an English Shepherd, or part ES... though her nose does look long enough to be a 'lassie collie' as I call the Rough Coat collies... either way, I think it is awesome that you got to grow up with a dog like her, it sure does create awesome memories to be around such a special dog!

She reminds of my dog Shang-Shang or Shangy. She was 1 year older than me and we grew up together. My mom said she was a collie but she didn't look like Lassie. I loved that dog, she was my bestest friend. :love
Awwwww! Is that your cute lil baby arm holding the Cheeto?
Has any one else seen eggs like this? My fav hen lays these and they always have almost like a double membrane? Any idea? Anything to worry about? This was 2 eggs, not a double yoke egg.
Motherhen, When the eggs are especially fresh, there is a thicker membrane next to the yolk, but I've not seen one that thick before. NCC-21 Wow that rock climbing pic made me a lil dizzy! Tweetr, congrats! Cute peeps! Kiomey, yuckyyuckyuck? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom