Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I put vits. in both water bowls today just to help everyone out with all this cold.... i will keep an eye on her and see what happens....i just dont want to lose anymore! :(

I hope it gets better. There is a better not far from you if you decide to replace them. I hope to hatch some this spring again, as well. People see them and want them, they are just so different looking. I only have two crested hens, and relatively little color variation, mostly mile fluere.

Last edited:
Missy are you telling us that you have a full grown duck running around your kitchen.....I am turning green just thinking about the mess that could make.......

I have lost ducks in the past due to my big mean roosters trying to breed with them........just a thought as to what could be going on...

Wing: She's not running anywhere. Today was the first day she even seemed able to stand. When i have her out of the tote to eat/drink yeah, it's messy when she poops on the floor......but that's why clorox was invented, right?

I hope it gets better. There is a better not far from you if you decide to replace them. I hope to hatch some this spring again, as well. People see them and want them, they are just so different looking. I only have two crested hens, and relatively little color variation, middle mile fluere.
I just got 3 hens the other day from my brother co-worker they were going to be soups hens....and i zachs uncle gave me an old bator from when they when he was younger...i have three in there now! they will be 2 weeks tomorrow! two have growth the other one not so sure!! so fingers crossed....i just hate losing them cause they are my pets...

Missy good luck, I am not allowed to use clorox,,,hubby has a strange dislike of it...

My tommy boy has just decided to invite himself to easter dinner,,,,turkey it is....

I give up on the wishard bronze,,,,,they are hard to find, the eggs do not ship well, they are hard to hatch, and every one so far has turned mean.........beginning to think that some breeds are extinct for a reason......

Missy are you telling us that you have a full grown duck running around your kitchen.....I am turning green just thinking about the mess that could make.......

I have lost ducks in the past due to my big mean roosters trying to breed with them........just a thought as to what could be going on...

Oh my! Ducks in the kitchen! Missy, you must love her. Wish I had advice for you, it does sound like she's perking up.

Brittany, hope your SFH recovers. Tough to loose those pretty birds. I think Chiques is right on with the small gene pool theory.

It's killing me to know all the water is frozen at home, I wonder if I can convince my MIL to venture into the goat pen and give them water....

Our surgery has been bumped back till after 3:30, can someone bring me by a pizza? Wing:D, where's that pie I ordered?

probably gonna get told about this one but I couldn't resist

0caa3890fc2a6a5c22de9f1360846d9c.jpg

I need to ask a garden question...
friend at work has trouble with what she says is ants eating her strawberries,,,she says they are just days away from picking when this happens.....she oes not want to spray chemicals on them, any suggestions

I never get strawberries because my strawberry bed is beside the chicken pen, and no matter how many times I clip wings they manage to get to the berries.

I need to ask a garden question...
friend at work has trouble with what she says is ants eating her strawberries,,,she says they are just days away from picking when this happens.....she oes not want to spray chemicals on them, any suggestions

I never get strawberries because my strawberry bed is beside the chicken pen, and no matter how many times I clip wings they manage to get to the berries.

For chickens, you need to build a cage around them, or figure that you eat them as eggs!

For ants, you might try DE on the ground around the plants, and/or Safer's insecticidal soap on the plants and berries. Both are considered to be "organic" treatments.

Quote:
Quote: Thanks, I am having a hard time helping her,,,I convinced her to try growing things a couple years ago (lives in the city, and from NYC) she really has no clue, and I hate to see her give up over a few bugs....her garden space is about the size of my kitchen table so everything matters.....she wants no chemical use, she turns plastic forks upside down in the garden to keep the neighbor's cat out,,,seems to work...

he.gif
never thought of DE...that I have and will have to take her some

last year she told me her carrots never grew, just looked like some grass growing then died.....I had to tell her the carrots were underground..

Back
Top Bottom