Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I still think Pete is a roo. He's barely visible behind Ruth but you can see how his tail is different from the others. Not sure about Ruth.

No, that's not the guy I'm talking about. Are you talking about the one that had the rows of cages on the ground under the canopy/pavillion thing down by the concession end of the barn? I always thought he bred bantam cochins, got a pair off him last year. Hmm... :(

i'm pretty sure thats the one, his name is jay according to jeff my friend, he knows him well, says he goes around buying birds from other people, showing them as his own then reselling them after the shows are all over. as for the cochins, he probably bought them from someone else, course jeff will sometimes buy from him if he likes the bird

ITS RAINING HERE YEAAAAAA

Well I'll have to spread the word
1f60f.png
. It's a character flaw, but I LOVE exposing swap people's dirty little secrets.

That lady that always comes from far away with the micro mini piglets, goats, geese, etc? Her stuff is inbred. A lady I know got a pig off her, it's legs started curving inward. She took it to te vet and he said that was a condition from it being inbred, and it would only get worse, so she had to be put down. So sad... I lost ALL respect for that woman and her husband. No wonder their stuff is so cheap, and they travel so far. Everyone that lives around them knows about her and won't buy her stuff!

She also buys someone else I know's call ducks. As soon as she pulls in, she walks right over to her truck with a handful of cash and buys them all on the spot. Every.Single.Time. So all of her ducks will be inbred too! She doesn't buy ducks off anyone else, I've watched her.
I can't speak for her goats and geese, but I'd imagine it's the same deal.

It makes me soooo mad when people just breed for the money and don't care about their animals. If you do that, just know that you're just bottom of the barrel, absolute GARBAGE.

Last edited:
A beautiful rose in our backyard, the variety is Cherry Parfait.
That is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
Bucks County in the house. Where's my local chicken peeps. Ha ha get it.
Howdy! Bucks County here too, a bit further down south.
1f60f.png
. It's a character flaw, but I LOVE exposing swap people's dirty little secrets. That lady that always comes from far away with the micro mini piglets, goats, geese, etc? Her stuff is inbred. A lady I know got a pig off her, it's legs started curving inward. She took it to te vet and he said that was a condition from it being inbred, and it would only get worse, so she had to be put down. So sad... I lost ALL respect for that woman and her husband. No wonder their stuff is so cheap, and they travel so far. Everyone that lives around them knows about her and won't buy her stuff! She also buys someone else I know's call ducks. As soon as she pulls in, she walks right over to her truck with a handful of cash and buys them all on the spot. Every.Single.Time. So all of her ducks will be inbred too! She doesn't buy ducks off anyone else, I've watched her. I can't speak for her goats and geese, but I'd imagine it's the same deal. It makes me soooo mad when people just breed for the money and don't care about their animals. If you do that, just know that you're just bottom of the barrel, absolute GARBAGE.
I agree Chippy, it's horrible when people do terrible things to animals like that. I don't believe it's not bad to make money off of them, but do it respect and proper care taking. *Edited, not bad to make money off animals...

Last edited:
1f60f.png
. It's a character flaw, but I LOVE exposing swap people's dirty little secrets.

That lady that always comes from far away with the micro mini piglets, goats, geese, etc? Her stuff is inbred. A lady I know got a pig off her, it's legs started curving inward. She took it to te vet and he said that was a condition from it being inbred, and it would only get worse, so she had to be put down. So sad... I lost ALL respect for that woman and her husband. No wonder their stuff is so cheap, and they travel so far. Everyone that lives around them knows about her and won't buy her stuff!

She also buys someone else I know's call ducks. As soon as she pulls in, she walks right over to her truck with a handful of cash and buys them all on the spot. Every.Single.Time. So all of her ducks will be inbred too! She doesn't buy ducks off anyone else, I've watched her.

It makes me soooo mad when people just breed for the money and don't care about their animals. If you do that, just know that you're just bottom of the barrel, absolute GARBAGE.
would that possibly be a lady and her husband that drive a red pickup and pull a stock trailer? a couple of years ago we went to the delmont(?) swap, the one you also go to off of 22, anyway we were talking to those people and they told us they were selling everything out, turns out they either changed their minds or they lied, cause we still see them at the swaps and i know no one has that many birds
maybe if you talked to the one that sells the calls and tell her whats going on she will stop selling to this person? But if you talk to some of the other sellers there, word will get around and she won't be able to sell enough to make it worth while i sold a little three or four month old cochin hen to jeff's nephew sunday for 5.00, he was walking around carrying her and a man offered him 10 for her so he resold her lol

1f60f.png

would that possibly be a lady and her husband that drive a red pickup and pull a stock trailer? a couple of years ago we went to the delmont(?) swap, the one you also go to off of 22, anyway we were talking to those people and they told us they were selling everything out, turns out they either changed their minds or they lied, cause we still see them at the swaps and i know no one has that many birds
maybe if you talked to the one that sells the calls and tell her whats going on she will stop selling to this person? But if you talk to some of the other sellers there, word will get around and she won't be able to sell enough to make it worth while i sold a little three or four month old cochin hen to jeff's nephew sunday for 5.00, he was walking around carrying her and a man offered him 10 for her so he resold her lol

Nope, no trailer. They have a canopy thing over the bed of their truck. Not a cap, but it looks an upside down U over their bed. Her husband wears a big black hat with silver things around the bottom of the top part (if you know what I mean, it's hard to explain).

And the girl that always sells to her knows, but she just sells to her anyway. When I start breeding call ducks in the spring, I will NOT sell to her. If she asks, I'll tell her straight up "I know what you do and how you mistreat your animals and I'm not going to let my animals live the terrible life that they will with you." I don't care if she's offended.

Nope, no trailer. They have a canopy thing over the bed of their truck. Not a cap, but it looks an upside down U over their bed. Her husband wears a big black hat with silver things around the bottom of the top part (if you know what I mean, it's hard to explain).

And the girl that always sells to her knows, but she just sells to her anyway. When I start breeding call ducks in the spring, I will NOT sell to her. If she asks, I'll tell her straight up "I know what you do and how you mistreat your animals and I'm not going to let my animals live the terrible life that they will with you." I don't care if she's offended.
i can understand you on the not selling to her, i've been known to turn people down, course i usually tell them, already sold
will have to take notice next swap, i've probably seen them but usually i look at the animals, not people unless i glance and know the person

Hello. I'm back. I just finished my first hatch. One of my worst, but they were shipped eggs. I would like to find local hatching eggs, preferably OE, Isbars, or Marans eggs. Does anyone live between Exit 15 on Rte 86 and Erie PA and would like to sell some, please pm me. I could also barter for camping. My DH and I own Red Oak Campground in Russell PA.

Back
Top Bottom