Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

yoopergirl1211 is your duck preening and grooming herself? She ought to be helping herself dry out if not maybe she got wet and cold enough to lower her core temperature?

Shes not really cleaning up. I made sure to give her water deep enough to dip head so she could and put a heating pad under one side of her area last night but she wasn't interested. She laid an egg! Was going to maybe give her some tuvb time. Shes finally dry but feathers aren't oiled I dont think.

Rant and request:
Okay at this point I'm starting to get upset. I cannot believe the price of these incubators. this is just ridiculous . does anybody know of a custom incubation egg service in Western Pennsylvania ? I'm thinking that might be the way to go . I can have somebody else Hatch a lot of eggs for me for the price I'll pay for another small incubator . I mean they want 219 to $500 for a little 7 egg Brinsea advance .that's just stupid . At any rate , if anybody can help me out, let me know !
Thanks so much,
Karen in Ligonier , 15658

@3riverschick Just found this while browsing through CL - posted an hour ago:

https://allentown.craigslist.org/grd/6039023482.html

Thank you all so much for your help and your references to the incubators on sale . I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point .
I don't know. I have a lot of thinking to do about it.
Best,
Karen

Ha! :lol:  Yes, not quite in her full glory there, is she?  It's a funny picture, though. :lol:  I'd love to see her fluffed back up again if you are able to find a picture on your computer later. :)  

Fiona wanted to play with the chickens today, so I snapped a current photo of Silvermist while we were in there :)

Last edited:
Fiona wanted to play with the chickens today, so I snapped a current photo of Silvermist while we were in there :)

Wow, she is really lovely and different. Thanks so much for posting the picture. :) I can't think of any breed with anything close to that color pattern (solid gold head/neck over another solid body color), much less gold over blue. She is something special--I wonder if he is still breeding for that color pattern. Since you said he was aiming for black and gold rather than blue and gold, maybe he could call the resulting variety the Steelers Orpington. They should be a big seller on our side of the state! :)

The Rite Farm Products 1200 Pro Digital Egg Incubator Kit on craigslist for $100 is on sale for $59 at coopsnmore.

https://www.coopsnmore.com › Monthly Specials
Rating: 4 - ‎1 review - ‎$59.00
Mar 6, 2017 - Feature packed incubator kit has features not even offered with many commercial high capacity cabinet units. -Patented Ultimate Egg Turner TM holds Chicken, Duck, Turkey, Goose, Quail, Bird, Dove, Pigeon, Bantam, and other eggs. ...

Back
Top Bottom