Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Welcome Cytoranth!
Made it back home just at dusk, whew! Baby Marans MIA again, arrrrgh!
Wingstone, I have never been to a swap either. I've been to both Roots and Green Dragon, liked them both, but know what you mean about talking to the seller and seeing where your bird comes from. Plus, those auctioneers talk so fast! Is it just me?
They have that swap in Northern PA at a TSC, I wonder if we could arrange one at the TSC in Parkesburg? We could bring in the Lancaster County Folks as well as the Chester County. I bet if we put a post on the COOP forum, people would come from Philly too.
I think since the Northern PA folks have already laid the groundwork, it may not be too hard to set up. Getting TSC on board is the thing, It does draw business to the TSC, but I think the concern (and rightly so) is bio security. I believe the Clarion TSC Chicken Stock just made it clear to everyone that the poultry should be sold with the container, keep your chooks with their own poo.
If we plan it far enough ahead, people arrange their own swaps and sales before hand and a lot of the birds don't get much exposure or handling anyway.
Also, the Clarion one had people bring in poultry related items to sell, and a had a raffle. I'm all about a raffle!
The Parkesburg TSC people are VERY nice Blarney. I've done some dog related fundraisers there and they were very accomodating and friendly. I think "Ryan" is our contact there, but don't quote me on it.

I MUST stop going to auctions when I know I do not have the will power to walk away from chirping chicks,,,,,My brooders are overflowing as it is and I just brought 12 more home, .....What was I thinking ????

FYI:: Roots special saturday sale is sept 8

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]TGLMOMMA[/COLOR]- Love the avatar. How long did it take you to get that chicken to agree to that?

She was very willing actually! She thinks she is a dog and follows us everywhere. I was getting all the kids in the car one Sunday morning to go to church and into the car she hopped just like every other morning. We were waiting for my husband to join us, and my daughter who is 2.5 thought that Barbie would like a ride:)

Rodriguez, oh yeah, without a doubt, Fuzzy Dishes = No Cuddles
And I just left DH in 1 bedroom condo with 4 kids and 2 grands. I hear he gets to sleep with the 3 year old bed wetter. Yessiree I am living large here with my quiet. Only the hum of the incubator here
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif
Omg, I am crying from laughing so hard!! Awesome... and no I didn't send my gnomes there, I am sure there is enough to go around!! They probably breed like rabbits!! **** Gnomes
rant.gif

he.gif
Why, oh why are all the swaps so far from me??!! Anyway, wanted to share some pics of my beautiful girls and boy:

My sweet GLP Chance... She was so near death when we got her....

One of my red stars... Mertle

Colonel... My Light BL male... isnt he handsome!!

the blonde D'uccle... think she is a mix....

mille fleur d'uccle 1

my friends turkey is hiding my white cochin popcorn and my blue andalusian Hellen

rear view of MF D'uccle

My SLW sparkle
Love all my chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom