Permethrin spray

That's right, I used more than the recommended amount of permethrin concentrate. Also sprayed a smaller volume on each bird, maybe just as well. Translating 8 oz. of concentrate per 12.5 gal. of water in the sprayer; simple arithmetic, but that was where the mistake happened. Mary

That's right, I used more than the recommended amount of permethrin concentrate.  Also sprayed a smaller volume on each bird, maybe just as well.  Translating 8 oz. of concentrate per 12.5 gal. of water in the sprayer;  simple arithmetic, but that was where the mistake happened.  Mary

What's the target final solution percentage?

-Kathy

I checked two ways...

8 ounces into 12.5 gallons = 0.64 ounces per gallon
0.64 ounces = 18.972 ml per gallon

3785 x .5 / 100 = 18.925 ml per gallon

DH (aka "Mr. Math") did it another way in his head where he rounded up one gallon to 4000 ml and did the 1:200 ratio.

-Kathy

Last edited:
The bottle contains 8 oz. of concentrate. That's a LOT of gallons of spray! That was the SMALL bottle on the shelf. Three of us small flock owners will be sharing this bottle and the sprayer, and we'll still have it for a long time. Also way cheaper than those cans of poultry dust. Mary

Last edited:
The bottle contains 8 oz. of concentrate. That's a LOT of gallons of spray! That was the SMALL bottle on the shelf. Three of use small flock owners will be sharing this bottle and the sprayer, and we'll still have it for a long time. Also way cheaper than those cans of poultry dust. Mary
Those cans of dust don't last long, that's for sure!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom