Permethrin spray

Pics
The didn't specifically say...but it's in barley...we assume grain mites.
I just thought it was incredibly humorous since. It apparently takes quite a bit. We want to ship it asap since we're combining and will need the space. So we'll be going with the company coming out. At least that's the last I heard...lol.
You know that they say about assume ;)

You are commercially raising grains?

We never did fond out what product banty chooks was talking about.

P1250026.JPG

Martin's permethrin 36.8%...

http://myselfreliance.com/home-applying-permethrin-effective-tick-control-lyme-disease-prevention/

So the Martin's 10% is available in CA, just sounds a bit trickier to track down. I can get it if needed, though.... I know people.

I just want to know definitively if the 36.8% is or is not toxic for birds. I've read the links and such but they just got me more confused... Sounds like Kathy's saying the 10 and 39% aren't the same thing?

Maybe I'll skip the spray entirely and just keep playing whackamole with the dust.

Last edited:
Environmental Toxicology
Permethrin is highly toxic to fish (LC50 = 0.5ug/L to
315 ug/L) and aquatic arthropods (LC50 = 0.02 ug/L to
7.6 ug/L). Marloe species are often more sensitive than the freshwater species. Bacteria, algae, mollusks and
amphibians are much more tolerant of permethrin than the fish and arthropods. Care should be taken to
avoid contamination of the aquatic envir
onment. Permethrin is slightly toxi
c to birds and oral LD50 values are
greater than 3600 mg/kg. Longer dietary studies showed
that concentrations of up to 500 ppm in the diet had
no effect on bird reproduction.

Copied from http://newsomseed.com/resources/PermethrinFRMSDS.pdf

Does this have any bearing on the matter? I'm sorry, I can't think today.

View attachment 1110780

Martin's permethrin 36.8%...
This product contains this:
Active Ingredient

Permethrin*.......................................................................................... 36.8% Other Ingredients** ........................................................................... 63.2% TOTAL ............................................................................................ 100.0%

*cis/trans ratio: Max. 42% (±) cis and min. 58% (±) trans ** Contains petroleum distillates.

Contains 3.2 pounds permethrin per gallon as an emulsifiable concentrate.

The other ingredients are just petroleum distillates.

It is safe for dogs.

Here is the entire label for this Martin's SFR product:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/msds/permethrin_sfr_label.pdf

About PETROLEUM DISTILLATES: Petroleum Distillates is a mixture of volatile hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum.

Function(s): Antifoaming Agent; Solvent

Sounds like Kathy's saying the 10 and 39% aren't the same thing?
They both contain the same *active* ingredient, just different concentrations (100 mg/ml and 368 mg/ml), and while they both have "other" ingredients, there is no way of knowing without doing lots of research if the "other" ingredients in the one *not* labeled for poultry are safe.

In the US, the EPA says that insecticides are not supposed to be used other than what the label says.

They both contain the same *active* ingredient, just different concentrations (100 mg/ml and 368 mg/ml), and while they both have "other" ingredients, there is no way of knowing without doing lots of research if the "other" ingredients in the one *not* labeled for poultry are safe.

In the US, the EPA says that insecticides are not supposed to be used other than what the label says.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom