Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
I think the food is great let’s see @DuckyDonna and @quackiemama both feed this to their ducks. Actually there will probably be less waste with pellets. How’s everyone doing? Getting through winter okay?

Everyone doing great, the girls are still laying strong. I thought they would of slower down by now, besides their crumbles we are also mixing it with scratch for the extra warmth on those extra cold night.
We still spoil the ducks and leave them food, and water at night. Lucky their night pen seems warm enough, so we haven't ran into any water freezing issues yet.
We had to pick up some blue kote recently, because we had some feather pickers or maybe someone went through a molt? Either way the duck in question has their feathers back now after a few weeks of being purple.

Oh yeah got some funny pics of the girls eggs, reason I say funny is because the youngest duck only lays once in a blue moon but when she does it's a mighty egg that's for sure lol

First is Downey's egg, she lays everyday like clockwork
20200113_225404.jpg

This is Hueys egg, assuming its Hueys because she's almost as big as Downey in size. She lays almost everyday as of now, maybe she will miss a day
20200113_225415.jpg

this is louise's egg, again assuming because she's medium size and this is slightly smaller then the previous egg. She lays less then Huey as of now
20200113_225625.jpg

and finally we have the mightiest egg of them all, Dewys!

20200113_225435.jpg

Look how cute and tiny this egg is, like that's not even big to do anything with lol

Do you guys think her eggs will get bigger with age? I kinda hope not but god that is too cute.

Bonus picture of the eggs lined up from biggest to smallest

20200113_225550.jpg

They are great looking eggs. The smallest should get larger over time. Sounds like they are all doing great and of course spoiled. I love spoiling mine too.

Everyone doing great, the girls are still laying strong. I thought they would of slower down by now, besides their crumbles we are also mixing it with scratch for the extra warmth on those extra cold night.
We still spoil the ducks and leave them food, and water at night. Lucky their night pen seems warm enough, so we haven't ran into any water freezing issues yet.
We had to pick up some blue kote recently, because we had some feather pickers or maybe someone went through a molt? Either way the duck in question has their feathers back now after a few weeks of being purple.

Oh yeah got some funny pics of the girls eggs, reason I say funny is because the youngest duck only lays once in a blue moon but when she does it's a mighty egg that's for sure lol

First is Downey's egg, she lays everyday like clockwork
View attachment 2001942
This is Hueys egg, assuming its Hueys because she's almost as big as Downey in size. She lays almost everyday as of now, maybe she will miss a day
View attachment 2001943
this is louise's egg, again assuming because she's medium size and this is slightly smaller then the previous egg. She lays less then Huey as of now
View attachment 2001944
and finally we have the mightiest egg of them all, Dewys!

View attachment 2001945
Look how cute and tiny this egg is, like that's not even big to do anything with lol

Do you guys think her eggs will get bigger with age? I kinda hope not but god that is too cute.

Bonus picture of the eggs lined up from biggest to smallest

View attachment 2001946
:eek:

@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87

Decided to go tsc without calling first to check the duck pellet situation, and because we need a bale of straw anyways.

So we looked everywhere on the bottom shelves of both sides, nothing. But then to our surprise there where more big bags above the floor bags, so we checked...

20200114_145120.jpg

And holy crap they had the big bags of duck pellets

20200114_150127.jpg

So we ended up grabbing a bag of the pellets, gotta make sure those ducks are super spoiled and only get the best of food of course lol

But danm, I'm so glad they actually carry it. From everyone's post, it seems this stuff is a pain to convince a store too carry it. Now I just hope they continue to stock it, and I wont have to fight for it to be restocked.
Also according to one of the employees they haf just got the stock in about a month ago, I think that's a good chance more tsc will carry it as time goes by. Living in the midwest it feels like we're usually the last ones to get the "hard to find stuff", as I like to put it.
I really hope everyone else's store starts to carry it too, I always feel bad when other people cant find stuff in their local area because I've went through that same feeling so many times. Especially snice the pellets cant even be order online, i think that's just ridiculous and absurd.

That’s great you found the big bags. If it’s popular they’ll probably carry it in more stores. I’d def buy it if I didn’t have a mixed flock!!

By mixed flock, do you mean chickens and ducks miss lydia? or both duck and drakes?
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I dont wanna give the drakes or ducks food they shouldn't have.

@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Texag87

Decided to go tsc without calling first to check the duck pellet situation, and because we need a bale of straw anyways.

So we looked everywhere on the bottom shelves of both sides, nothing. But then to our surprise there where more big bags above the floor bags, so we checked...

View attachment 2002370
And holy crap they had the big bags of duck pellets

View attachment 2002374
So we ended up grabbing a bag of the pellets, gotta make sure those ducks are super spoiled and only get the best of food of course lol

But danm, I'm so glad they actually carry it. From everyone's post, it seems this stuff is a pain to convince a store too carry it. Now I just hope they continue to stock it, and I wont have to fight for it to be restocked.
Also according to one of the employees they haf just got the stock in about a month ago, I think that's a good chance more tsc will carry it as time goes by. Living in the midwest it feels like we're usually the last ones to get the "hard to find stuff", as I like to put it.
I really hope everyone else's store starts to carry it too, I always feel bad when other people cant find stuff in their local area because I've went through that same feeling so many times. Especially snice the pellets cant even be order online, i think that's just ridiculous and absurd.
Just let them know that you'll be buying it on a regular basis and that you're glad it's there!
I don't think they realize how many people have ducks! They should since they sell so many of them!

Back
Top Bottom