pet rooster spurring kids

Quote:
You don't eat chicken?

I prefer to slaughter my own.. That way I know ecsacly what I get and all the extra goodies are included free of charge.. ext ext ext ext..

I can fill pages for you with all the positives.. and there are NO negatives..

What a difference! A lady not too far away from me gave me her Silkie Rooster. He is so sweet! I introduced him to "the girls" today. After a little puffing and jumping at each other, the girls readily accepted them as their new man. (I posted earlier in this thread about having to shoot our very large, nasty roo after he hurt my son). I had heard that Silkies were a gentle breed, and they really are. Of course we're still going to treat him with respect (after all he is still a roo), but it's nice to be able to walk around the yard and not have to keep looking over your shoulder for something that's about to ambush you!

I have 3 grown roosters running around my farm as well as one adolescent. Every one of them is very well behaved. By that, I mean that they don't look cross eyed at any humans when they walk around the farm. I have a son that'll be 3 in January. He doesn't play in the chicken coop but runs around the farm with the chickens and the roosters. I am always in the coop or in the yard. Either cleaning the runs or coops or collecting eggs. I also pick up hens and look them over. The roosters know that I am alpha rooster and don't mess with me.
tongue.png

I've only had one rooster that has shown aggression. He jumped on my son, who was playing on a rock pile with the dog and yelled (in 2 yo fashion). This 5 mo old Black Jersey Giant rooster decided to run and jump on him. That rooster was in a crate within five minutes and was rehomed within the day. A mean rooster will not be tolerated. Maybe the other roosters know that.
wink.png
And that's why they're so well behaved.

Having said all of this, the meanest thing that has ever been on my property was a hen. She attacked everyone and everything. She met her demise after attacking my horse and getting injured... I put her out of her misery and then put her in the fridge. That was the tastiest chicken I've ever eaten!
big_smile.png
The farm was so nice and quiet after that chicken was dispatched. It helped me to decide that any animals that are disruptive will be 'culled'. Either by being eaten or re homed.

Quote:
You don't eat chicken?

I prefer to slaughter my own.. That way I know ecsacly what I get and all the extra goodies are included free of charge.. ext ext ext ext..

I can fill pages for you with all the positives.. and there are NO negatives..

No, I do not eat any Poultry.
The way they are factory farmed is extremely inhumane, and as I sad previously, I could never slaughter a chicken I raised. Or any animal for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom