Pheasant Chicken Hybrids

Pics
A few days ago a biologist in Wyoming confirmed a cross between a sage grouse and a prarie chicken. He was strutting on a lek that was being watched. The biologist said the crossbred was very aggressive. He did dot indicate if he bred any hens or not though..

A few days ago a biologist in Wyoming confirmed a cross between a sage grouse and a prarie chicken. He was strutting on a lek that was being watched. The biologist said the crossbred was very aggressive. He did dot indicate if he bred any hens or not though..

True about the debating, why bother. I like a debate, but obviously it's pretty useless.

While I do agree with most of your post, CluckCluckLuke, it's not about 'peer support' or even being memorable for who knows what randoms in future. Those who want to read longer posts will. Those who don't, won't, I couldn't care less about the popularity contests. Sometimes things need to be said that take a lot of supporting info or examples. I used to just simplify it but then I'd have to bring up all those examples behind my statements, due to questioning, so now I do it all in one go and anyone who has a question has it answered in the one post.

@bemba:
I have several ringnecks in most of the available mutations. I don't see an issue if I decide to "borrow" a bit of the males semen to create a couple interesting birds..... Just because I do this doesn't make him useless for breeding with his own species.

I know, I'm not attacking you or anything. No issues here.

It will be interesting to see whether the chicken or pheasant genes dominate most! Most Cheasants I have seen in pictures and videos lean more toward the pheasant genetics, body shape and tail, plus the calls they make are very pheasant like. They do seem to carry the chicken colour patterns though sometimes and also the loose feathering of most chicken breeds. I am really looking forward to seeing these young birds feather out!

redbarn would you give us an update plzzz (pics)
wee.gif
pop.gif

The latest update was a week and 3 days ago. I don't think there's too much difference but some few additional feather growths. But I guess it just depends on personal preference on the update interval. For me, for pure or non-pure specimens, I prefer intervals at one day, one week, two week, one month, two month, three month, etc... and finally, the full adult plumage (which may take a year or more to reach depending on the species).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom