Pheasant Chicken Hybrids

Pics
This are cool looking chicks, they will probly look something like this, I've been oogling these pictures on feathersite, love to have my own vulture(NNxGuinea)

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKHybrids.html

RNeckxPekin.JPEG
RNeckxOEG2.JPEG

Interesting, I have seen the chicken x guinea hybrid page but not this one.

Well I think I have some fertile eggs from my blue mutant ringneck hen with my Japanese bantam rooster! Well they definitely are fertile but could be from her original mate as they were separated not that long ago, I decided to do AI for this as my rooster wasn't interested at all..... we shall see.

Quote: Well, it is a bit of a strong statement to make about a rather hard to verify subject, but if I had to guess, it'd be from sources including those who legally obtained the birds, register them, make their presence and ownership public knowledge. (Etc). Not those who do it the other ways... After all the hoop-la of before I think Tony's unsubscribed from this thread.

Update please, how are they looking, can I see some more pics, I have been wanting to try this hybrid out, I have got some Phoenix which are very pheasant like and I have pheasants round me so I plan on catching some and breeding them.

Can I just say ring necks are hybrids, and to get any of the current breeds of pheasant you had to hybridize.

Anywho more pics please

Well, it is a bit of a strong statement to make about a rather hard to verify subject, but if I had to guess, it'd be from sources including those who legally obtained the birds, register them, make their presence and ownership public knowledge. (Etc). Not those who do it the other ways... After all the hoop-la of before I think Tony's unsubscribed from this thread.

It's an incredibly strong statement on something that he can't personally verify. The person I co-breed with has obtained all our birds through legal channels, we also import certain breeds directly from the country of origin to ensure quality stock. I don't make the presence/ownership of my birds public knowledge as I have been robbed of birds on two separate occasions because of my over-zealous "look what I gots!", even with (at least what I thought was) adequate locks. I guarantee he knows nothing of the breeds my co-breeder has on-site so why state "I know for a fact there are only X"? I hate the politics and unfortunately many times snobbery (not saying people here, just in general) regarding certain breeds. Drives me wonky
And I can definitely understand why the unsubscription, I probably would have myself had I been here long enough to become emotionally attached to the forum. I'm new for now, but hopefully will come to see the forum as he does

Back
Top Bottom