(Pics)HELP, Am I crazy?? Chicken has not laid egg, no Signs off egg binding, or lethargy!!!

I had a favorite hen that declined rapidly. I could not bring myself to do the deed. I admit I am a softie when it comes to some of them too. I took her to the vet to be put down.

Funny how some of them get into the squishy parts of our hearts.

hugs.gif

That flower bed is so pretty. I am working on one for my house and am wondering what the red flowers you have there are.

Last edited:
Thank YOU thats just the tip of the iceberg... I have a pool n patio with has over 100 pots outlining it.. Begonia, angel trumpets etc.
th.gif
It's a full time job in itself. Ill put up some more pics when its daylight lol
I had a favorite hen that declined rapidly. I could not bring myself to do the deed. I admit I am a softie when it comes to some of them too. I took her to the vet to be put down.

Funny how some of them get into the squishy parts of our hearts.

hugs.gif

That flower bed is so pretty. I am working on one for my house and am wondering what the red flowers you have there are.

I know I hate emotions!! Usually when I get fed up and there's 7 feet of snow outside, there's a mass chicken homicide lol... they are at the end of a 3 acre property... winter isn't fun in CT

They are begonias, the simple ones... so easy to maintain drought tolerant (up to a certain extent) not hard to grow at allll

That is one spectacular blooming bonanza there. I am still on the amending phase and finding a lot of tree roots I have to work around.

I have to go for tonight time to lock the ladies in.

OMG MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY I have all expensive hobbies, why cant I just collect stamps or matchbooks hahahaha. If I told you what I spend a year on annuals you'll send the men with the nets after me!!!

OK have fun I'll keep y'all updated.

My secret to blooms is putting a scoop of the rock fertilizer in a watering can (or the miracle grow attachment) mixing it with water in the can and watering with that weekly or using the attachment on the hose!!! I never had burn out!!

Last edited:
Quote: Um, collecting stamps isn't cheap either, especially if you want to get your hands on the rare (older in pristine condition) ones! I can't seem to find a "cheap" hobby either. Gardening, setting flowerbeds, building things, and now I can add knitting (gasp, I'm not a girlie girl so this is really unusual for me) to that. I'm knitting my son a scarf as we speak (well, taking a quick break then back at it)

I have found that sex link hens lay like crazy for the first year or two than stop, never laying again, then usually they die within a year, don't like them, yours looks to be over a year, maybe two. If the others were messed up internally than odds are she is too. People don't take hens that are producing well to an action. Sorry.

Jeez nothing is cheap!!! Well at least we're doing healthy things.... I'm actually a registered pharmacist with a 6 year degree and I took two years off work due to some let's say health issues.... I do still have my license and will be practicing soon but at much much much less pay rate doing research I just do not want to be in a pharmaceutical setting anymore working with the public made me nuts... I find gardening and animals very very very relaxing... it's an outlet for me and my grandmother lived with us as a kid and we always had chickens, rabbits etc. And I love seeing the results of my flowers and vegetables I'm good at it and I usually get the results I want it's so fulfilling... knitting isn't even cheap anymore my sister in law does it that yarn is expensive

Back
Top Bottom