Pics of the INSIDE of coops?

I just had a thought- what about using the cat/small dog vari kennels with the doors removed as nest boxes? I have several of these I could use, and no cutting involved...

This forum has formula for everything. I don't do formulas but I have 10 laying hens & 6 nest boxes & saw one girl waiting her turn They use them all. I don't want them to have to wait. I need to get a picture. Here's my boxes.
63768_p7250090.jpg

Quote:
Oh yes, there's one little silkie hen who prefers to sleep on the flat top of the big broody box, and her poop is up there too.

I really like the archetecture of savingpurples' indoor! I think my chickens would like that doorway to the outside in the "secret shortcut" under the nestboxes, and I like the roost above the slanty nestbox tops so others aren't encouraged to sleep under pooping tooters.

You know what I wish? I wish somebody would manufacture miteproof coops that look like the charming wooden structures we adore. I had it soooo cute, wicker and gingham, but the mites love wood and cotton cloth. Still, I dust with permethrin but its a constant battle. I wonder if anybody is manufacturing recycled plastic or metal darling coops?

We have 14 Silkie Hens and 4 Nesting Boxes. I will attempt
69877_silkie_chickens_2010_052.jpg
to upload photo

Back
Top Bottom