Picture thread of my hens!

I love Bella. She is the best mom to any critter, I can tell. My Shim was raised by me and co-mom Pickles, a male guinea pig. I bet Bella would even raise a guinea pig. Thanks for all your pics. They always make my day.
Thank you! :)

Baby number two has arrived :)
11753276_10203082625666195_7296481582560766959_n.jpg

Baby number 2 sadly died. So theres only this duckling. Debating on what to do for the best. I'm trying to find a day old duckling to add into the mix. But if not I have to make the decision to keep the duck (if it's a girl as boys can damage hens) with the chickens forever as they strongly imprint. Or, do I take it to live with the ducks I plan to get? Either way, the baby is soooo cute!
11169198_10203084812640868_7551549530553242746_n.jpg

That is such a bright clear picture, it still has it's egg tooth.
love.gif

we had a lone duck with our chickens when I was little. The hen whet hysterical when the baby duck swam in the dogs' water bowl. and eventually it found the pond... by smell? I have no idea. It would spend the day there and come back across the road to sleep with the hens. Unfortunately it got hit by a car crossing the road.

Last edited:
That is such a bright clear picture, it still has it's egg tooth.
love.gif

we had a lone duck with our chickens when I was little. The hen whet hysterical when the baby duck swam in the dogs' water bowl. and eventually it found the pond... by smell? I have no idea. It would spend the day there and come back across the road to sleep with the hens. Unfortunately it got hit by a car crossing the road.
Do you think the duck would benifit from leaving the hens and moving in with ducks when it gets bigger? And I can't wait to see Bella's reaction when this baby swims. She will rather go crazy or go swimming with it!

I would put it with its own kind. Very cute sorry to hear it's sibling died.
Well it had two siblings, Bella squished that one too! Not really her fault, she just has a bad build when it comes to sitting.

Oh my gosh, cuteness overload! Are they adult ducks or young ducks that you plan to get? Maybe you could get some advice on the duck section of the forum. When I had ducks, I hand raised them in a group, so I don't have experience with the lone foster duck situation.

Back
Top Bottom