pictures of Blue Plymouth Rocks

Quote:
Thanks for reminding about blacks too. Could barring be masked also?

Yes Barring can be masked by the white, and white Rocks, it is actually more likly that the white would be masking barring instead the black, but if he were, you would have gotten at least some blue barred chicks, I cant really tell from the pics, but do you have any blue barring in them ?

Here are some pictures of my chicks from breeding my white rock rooster to my splash hens.

By Chance, would anyone remember which "Splash" was used.
Thanks
Rick

10355_100_0744.jpg

10355_100_0743.jpg

In the front is a lavender orpington and black split.

That's great the white wasn't hiding barring. Should give type to the Halo birds. Years ago I had some of those. Heavy dark wash on legs and lacking type. Otherwise had potential for good lacing. Good stock to start with for sure. Keep an eye on lacing, legs and of course type. Blues need a lot of work here in the States.

If that white cock is of very good type I'd breed back to him with these blues. Improve type again and grab out the best lace. Personally I'd not breed the splash unless she has many good qualities. You just don't get many birds of correct color with splash to black. Blue to blue and blue to black are better pairings.

Good Luck, huge fan of Blue and of course Plymouth Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom